SR-21 ...a new design

Call and ask your cirrus rep about the new plane due out soon…You heard it here first… -j

Call and ask your cirrus rep about the new plane due out soon…You heard it here first… -j

O.K. I’ll bite! What is a SR21?..Ed

I think it is the new Diesel

Some time ago Cirrus announced the SR21tdi (?) the new diesel powered plane initially for the European market. Could this be it?

Some time ago Cirrus announced the SR21tdi (?) the new diesel powered plane initially for the European market. Could this be it?

Yes it is.

230 HP MSA diesel, 170 knots, design equals SR22, pricing as well, only available through the European dealer, first delivery end 2002.

Let me know when they are thinking abot a 6 seater!

Yes it is.

230 HP MSA diesel, 170 knots, design equals SR22, pricing as well, only available through the European dealer, first delivery end 2002.

Yes it is.

That would not be new news…that information was released by Cirrus April 26, 2001. Unless they are considering a US release. But a diesel Cirrus is still not new a “new” design. We already knew about this option.

It’s been tossed around as a business jet.If anybody can do it the klaps can.The -22 right now blows many retracts away.The -20 is faster than anything in its class.Quite the classy birds.

It’s been tossed around as a business jet.If anybody can do it the klaps can.The -22 right now blows many retracts away.The -20 is faster than anything in its class.Quite the classy birds.

Couldn’t think of a better word to use.

Sorry

If you can’t say anything nice about someone, don’t say anything at all.

There’s no need for this: “Jeff’s a retard” junk on this forum. I hope you have the decency to blush should Jeff actually be right about that rumor.

Chuckle,

Paul

Nice note by Paul with respect to this, he certainly sounds like a pretty nice guy just for taking the time to write such a note. Many would not.

As one who spends his life/career trying to help - a little - those who some would call a “retard”, (I’m a neurologist and psychiatrist, and spent years as a volunteer in programs for mentally retarded individuals throughout high school and college before medical school), I am always deeply hurt to hear those who consider themselves superior call others a retard.

I submit the following:

1. Most mentally retarded individuals I know try awfully hard to do well. There is inner good in such a person that cannot be found in those who call people such names. I have experienced such lovely things in the “retards” I know or work with that are absent in people who probably have many more G-d given gifts (but no compassion to go with it.)

2. I don’t understand why anything like this is even on a forum about a great airplane.??? It is not why I read the forum every day. I am intrigued by Cirrus SRxx’s, but definitely put off by those who hurt others for any reason, or use such names.

3. While I’m ranting, I suggest that all posters refrain from using this forum to air their political views. Please write about airplanes and flying in general, and Cirrus Srxx’s in particular. (My only other recent post was in reponse to a political commentary…not delivered with kindness, and including name calling of those with another point of view.) There are plenty of places on the net to discuss your politics.

4. I love our resident author, I agree with many of his posts, and I bought his book and am enjoying it. It is excellent. Maybe, just maybe, however, and only in my opinion… the time has come to stop promoting the book here. If I’m wrong about this, please forgive me. I have written some great songs that I’d like to promote here (Yeah, in addition to being a pilot and doctor, I’m a songwriter…I’ll bet some of you even know some of my songs… you’re just probably not aware of the writer’s name.) I guess I think that this forum is not the proper place to promote my commercial, for profit, writing. I was also troubled by the sweeping (silly, in some cases) political generalizations offered by his alter-ego from the right. Point/counterpoint on the Cirrus forum?

Be kind to each other folks… we’re here because we share a love of flying.

Sorry for the outburst… I’ll go back to lurking now.

Bob

There’s no need for this: “Jeff’s a retard” junk on this forum. I hope you have the decency to blush should Jeff actually be right about that rumor.

Chuckle,

Paul

Dear Bob,

Thanks for your well-thought-out note!

For myself, I don’t mind at all that Jim Fallows is publicizing his book Free Flight through us, since we have a vested interest in one of the principal topics of the book. Indeed, I think we should support anyone who spreads the “winged gospel” (to borrow the title of http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0195041585/Joseph Corn’s wonderful book on the first half-century of flight in America).

It would be another matter altogether if, say, I used this Forum to publicize my physics textbook. I mean, who would want to read that?

I’m continually struck by the diversity of occupations held by contributors to the Forum. Can you give us a couple of hints about your songwriting?

Cheers,

Roger

Well said, on all points!

Nice note by Paul with respect to this, he certainly sounds like a pretty nice guy just for taking the time to write such a note. Many would not.

As one who spends his life/career trying to help - a little - those who some would call a “retard”, (I’m a neurologist and psychiatrist, and spent years as a volunteer in programs for mentally retarded individuals throughout high school and college before medical school), I am always deeply hurt to hear those who consider themselves superior call others a retard.

I submit the following:

1. Most mentally retarded individuals I know try awfully hard to do well. There is inner good in such a person that cannot be found in those who call people such names. I have experienced such lovely things in the “retards” I know or work with that are absent in people who probably have many more G-d given gifts (but no compassion to go with it.)
  1. I don’t understand why anything like this is even on a forum about a great airplane.??? It is not why I read the forum every day. I am intrigued by Cirrus SRxx’s, but definitely put off by those who hurt others for any reason, or use such names.
  2. While I’m ranting, I suggest that all posters refrain from using this forum to air their political views. Please write about airplanes and flying in general, and Cirrus Srxx’s in particular. (My only other recent post was in reponse to a political commentary…not delivered with kindness, and including name calling of those with another point of view.) There are plenty of places on the net to discuss your politics.
  1. I love our resident author, I agree with many of his posts, and I bought his book and am enjoying it. It is excellent. Maybe, just maybe, however, and only in my opinion… the time has come to stop promoting the book here. If I’m wrong about this, please forgive me. I have written some great songs that I’d like to promote here (Yeah, in addition to being a pilot and doctor, I’m a songwriter…I’ll bet some of you even know some of my songs… you’re just probably not aware of the writer’s name.) I guess I think that this forum is not the proper place to promote my commercial, for profit, writing. I was also troubled by the sweeping (silly, in some cases) political generalizations offered by his alter-ego from the right. Point/counterpoint on the Cirrus forum?

Bob

why don’t we just leave jeff alone? he obviously posts informationt that is usually correct and always informative. we should be happy he does so. if you don’t like his posts, then don’t answer.

jeff send me an e-mail to cirruspilots@aol.com.

jl

Robert,

Agree 100% regarding your worthy and well thought out opinion of mentaly handicapped persons.

However, to my mind, Free Flight was about the congestion in the air traffic system and presented possible solutions to the problem. The ‘new age’ aircraft like the SRxx, Eclipse, Lancair, etc. are part of the solution. This Forum is dedicated to facilitating an exchange of ideas regarding the Cirrus aircraft. I bought the book, read it, learned a lot from it, and have recommended it to friends. I would not have known about it had I not read about it in this Forum.

Finally, there are few things more interesting to me than observing a spirited debate between very intelligent people. I don’t always agree with their views, but the self examination of my own opinions triggered by hearing opposing viewpoints is worthwhile, especially when it has to do with aviation.

Just another humble opinion.

Greg

I submit the following:

1. I don’t understand why anything like this is even on a forum about a great airplane.??? It is not why I read the forum every day. I am intrigued by Cirrus SRxx’s, but definitely put off by those who hurt others for any reason, or use such names.
  2. While I’m ranting, I suggest that all posters refrain from using this forum to air their political views. Please write about airplanes and flying in general, and Cirrus Srxx’s in particular. (My only other recent post was in reponse to a political commentary…not delivered with kindness, and including name calling of those with another point of view.) There are plenty of places on the net to discuss your politics.
  1. I love our resident author, I agree with many of his posts, and I bought his book and am enjoying it. It is excellent. Maybe, just maybe, however, and only in my opinion… the time has come to stop promoting the book here. If I’m wrong about this, please forgive me. I have written some great songs that I’d like to promote here (Yeah, in addition to being a pilot and doctor, I’m a songwriter…I’ll bet some of you even know some of my songs… you’re just probably not aware of the writer’s name.) I guess I think that this forum is not the proper place to promote my commercial, for profit, writing. I was also troubled by the sweeping (silly, in some cases) political generalizations offered by his alter-ego from the right. Point/counterpoint on the Cirrus forum?

Bob

Chuckle,

Paul

1. I love our resident author, I agree with many of his posts, and I bought his book and am enjoying it. It is excellent. Maybe, just maybe, however, and only in my opinion… the time has come to stop promoting the book here.

Just fwiw, last time I mentioned this on the forum was six days ago (and once the day before that, because someone had mailed me a book with no return address. Still don’t know who it was from.)

I would go on to say thanks for your interest in the book – but, hey, that would compound the offense! :wink:

Hi Roger

Not that all the publicity about Free Flight bothers me, but if I understood correctly from this forum, the book is not per se about the SRxx but about congested airspace and possible ways out of that situation which makes it … politics :slight_smile:

In either case, if you’re book is on the physics of flight, you might just as well advertise it.

Regards, Chris

P.S.: Who said Physics books aren’t interesting? :wink:

For myself, I don’t mind at all that Jim Fallows is publicizing his book Free Flight through us, since we have a vested interest in one of the principal topics of the book. Indeed, I think we should support anyone who spreads the “winged gospel” (to borrow the title of http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0195041585/Joseph Corn’s wonderful book on the first half-century of flight in America).

It would be another matter altogether if, say, I used this Forum to publicize my physics textbook. I mean, who would want to read that?

I’m continually struck by the diversity of occupations held by contributors to the Forum. Can you give us a couple of hints about your songwriting?

Cheers,

Roger

why don’t we just leave jeff alone? he obviously posts informationt that is usually correct and always informative. we should be happy he does so. if you don’t like his posts, then don’t answer.

I agree with you. Mine does not add anything to your argument, but I thought it was important to show others agree with you.