Should I get Composite Prop?

In reply to:

Tim,
Something is up here… the plane has to be heavier than advertised. This makes no sense to me.
Regards,

I don’t buy that theory. It simply cannot weigh more than advertised. It weighs what it weighs and there is no way Cirrus is shipping planes that are actually hundreds of pounds heavier than they say they are.

I have no personal experience with the G3 and none of us have the engineering data. But we do know that the real difference between a G2 and a G3 is the wing. And we know that the G1 and G2 wing were the same (ignoring the TKS option, which could be had on either). And we know a fully loaded G3 weighs less than a fully loaded G2. Since pilots with experience in both models report this G3 acceleration phenomenon at MGW and quite a bit less than MGW, somehow this has to be a characteristic of this new wing. Why, I do not know, but we should start with the obvious.

Note to self, I need to schedule that test flight in a G3 to experience it for myself.

In reply to:

I don’t buy that theory. It simply cannot weigh more than advertised. It weighs what it weighs and there is no way Cirrus is shipping planes that are actually hundreds of pounds heavier than they say they are.
I have no personal experience with the G3 and none of us have the engineering data. But we do know that the real difference between a G2 and a G3 is the wing. And we know that the G1 and G2 wing were the same (ignoring the TKS option, which could be had on either). And we know a fully loaded G3 weighs less than a fully loaded G2. Since pilots with experience in both models report this G3 acceleration phenomenon at MGW and quite a bit less than MGW, somehow this has to be a characteristic of this new wing. Why, I do not know, but we should start with the obvious.
Note to self, I need to schedule that test flight in a G3 to experience it for myself.

Roger, I totally agree.