Security & ommon sense!

There comes a time when you have to be understanding of Security and the times we face ahead. I urge you to be alert, especially around airports. There are many Mideasterners who have been trained to fly and it is much more than the 4 pilots who flew the hijacked airliners. In Florida, there are more than 100 who have been trained in the past 2 years. TRUST ME ON THIS.

It is clear they will have start a plan B, as it will be difficult for them to hijack an airliner again. I worry about GA aircraft now. If JUST ONE GA AIRCRAFT IS STOLEN OR HIJACKED, CRASHES INTO ANYTHING, OUR FLYING DAYS ARE OVER, for a very long time.

Be alert, understanding, and make sure you keep your aircraft locked when not in it Just use common sense. The time you spend arguing with someone checking security, may prevent them from seeing someone stealing a plane. When one ends up in the stands at a football game or concert, we are in deep poop. . I have a very bad feeling that there are more surprises to come.

BillW

P.S. Just for the record, I have nothing against Mideasterners, Arabs, or Islam. It is only those who are terrorist, that we have a problem with.

Sorry for the typo.

Note last paragraph of article out this morning…

FBI Issues Weekend Alert

Phil Brennan

Friday, Sept. 21, 2001
The U.S. and other Western nations are facing new terrorist attacks this weekend, the FBI has warned.

Vital public utilities such as water, gas and electricity, bridges, tunnels and subways have beefed up security measures after being alerted to the possibility of biological, chemical or bomb attacks on Saturday.

The bureau is basing its warnings on recent discoveries, one of which is that five known associates of Tuesday’s hijackers had booked seats on two passenger flights, taking them from Texas to California, in two days’ time.

According to the Knight Ridder news service, the FBI expects more attacks this Saturday. “Yes, we have heard something about September 22, but nothing specific,” an investigative source told the Knight-Ridder.

“We have information that leads us to believe that there could be more attacks very soon. The same murky sources that indicated something might be happening in the weeks before the attacks have indicated something may be happening this weekend,” the source said.

According to Sen. Bob Graham, chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee, the New York and Washington suicide strikes were “part of a larger plan with other terrorism acts, not necessarily the hijacking of airplanes.”

Adding credence to the bureau’s fears was the arrest of three airport workers in Detroit after agents discovered handwritten sketches of an airport, aircraft and runways in their house. The men also had a notebook containing information about the American base in Turkey, Alia Airport in Jordan and the American foreign minister, according to legal documents associated with the arrests. The FBI identified the men as Ahmed Hanna, 33, Karim Koubriti, 23, and Farouk Ali-Halmoud, 21, from Morocco and Algeria, all did food service work at Detroit Metropolitan Airport.

The were found when the bureau discovered them while looking for the address of Habil al-Marabh, a suspected associate of the World Trade Center hijackers. The men denied knowing him. All three have been charged with conspiracy and having false immigration papers.

In addition to their warnings, the FBI has also issued a watch list of some 223 people who they suspect were associates of the hijackers. The bureau noted that nearly a quarter of the people on that list are pilots.

It is clear they will have start a plan B, as it will be difficult for them to hijack an airliner again. I worry about GA aircraft now. If JUST ONE GA AIRCRAFT IS STOLEN OR HIJACKED, CRASHES INTO ANYTHING, OUR FLYING DAYS ARE OVER, for a very long time.

Bill,

It’s a chilling thought. There are few vehicles easier to steal than an airplane…

Mike.

I’m somewhat surprised that VFR training is OK in the enhanced B space, but not flight by certificated pilots/owners of aircraft. What is the basis for this decision? Are we a greater threat? Or, are businesses a lesser threat?

There comes a time when you have to be understanding of Security and the times we face ahead. I urge you to be alert, especially around airports. There are many Mideasterners who have been trained to fly and it is much more than the 4 pilots who flew the hijacked airliners. In Florida, there are more than 100 who have been trained in the past 2 years. TRUST ME ON THIS.

Be alert, understanding, and make sure you keep your aircraft locked when not in it Just use common sense. The time you spend arguing with someone checking security, may prevent them from seeing someone stealing a plane. When one ends up in the stands at a football game or concert, we are in deep poop. . I have a very bad feeling that there are more surprises to come.

BillW

P.S. Just for the record, I have nothing against Mideasterners, Arabs, or Islam. It is only those who are terrorist, that we have a problem with.

This forum is not the appropriate place to discuss pet theories, unless said theories somehow involve Cirrus aircraft.

This forum is not the appropriate place to discuss pet theories, unless said theories somehow involve Cirrus aircraft.

I agree with Paul 100%. This is www.sr20.org, not www.artbell.com.