Re: Should I get Composite Prop?

post was split from click herethis thread

Hamids I bought #2534 g3 gts,ac with a composite prop in may, sold 07 sr22 gts ,ac .first let me say the ac is much better than the g2 it works very well .The composite prop is worth every penny! there is a BIG difference in the ride .GO FOR IT!!

There is a very negative thread over on the CPA board about MT propellers. Most of it deals with the U.S. distributor that holds the 210 STC. There is also quite a bit of frustration voiced by those who have them regarding service. It seems that the blades can only be overhauled in Germany and it is taking 3-4 months.

This might just be a 210 thing, I’m not sure.

MT props are made by MT in Germany. The composite prop on the Cirrus is made by Hartzell in the US.

Two different props, two different companies and different “composite” construction.

In reply to:

There is a very negative thread over on the CPA board about MT propellers. Most of it deals with the U.S. distributor that holds the 210 STC. There is also quite a bit of frustration voiced by those who have them regarding service. It seems that the blades can only be overhauled in Germany and it is taking 3-4 months.
This might just be a 210 thing, I’m not sure.

MT props have been taking a lot of heat in the experimental community too over this service issue. They are liked for the performance on experimentals, but people are getting angry over the shipping to Germany, which is expensive, and the long time. I have heard of up to 6 months. So its not just a 210 thing, although the STC holder might be aggravating the situation too (I don’t know).

I wanted a composite prop for my RV7 and doing the research decided MT was not for me. I ended up with an ACI.