Question: Engine Temp Management?

So, now I’m flying an aircraft delivered in December in temps above 50 degrees, as this is what passes for spring in Wisconsin. I’d appreciate some tips from those of you operating in warmer environments as to how you’re managing CHT temp during extending climbs to cruise.

My question is the result of a recent experience where departure requested a best rate climb from 3 to 5, and I peaked CHT at the top of the green. More moderate cruise climbs at 600 fpm have not been a problem, with CHTs remaining around 380.

So, how are people managing temps during climb outs, and what results are you getting. Thank you for your help.

P.S.–I’ve ordered engine monitoring from Arnav; they said they would ship mid-May.

So, now I’m flying an aircraft delivered in December in temps above 50 degrees, as this is what passes for spring in Wisconsin. I’d appreciate some tips from those of you operating in warmer environments as to how you’re managing CHT temp during extending climbs to cruise.

My question is the result of a recent experience where departure requested a best rate climb from 3 to 5, and I peaked CHT at the top of the green. More moderate cruise climbs at 600 fpm have not been a problem, with CHTs remaining around 380.

So, how are people managing temps during climb outs, and what results are you getting. Thank you for your help.

P.S.–I’ve ordered engine monitoring from Arnav; they said they would ship mid-May.

Living here in So Cal I have many days of 90 degrees plus. The only way so far I have kept temp down on climb out is 1)reduce angle of attack 2) keep fuel boost on 3) stay full rich. I know people have talked about moving the landing light like they have on the 22. If that is possible I wondedr if that would help cooling. I would like to here any other ideas people have been using as we are starting to warm up out here.

One of the biggest help in keeping your engine cool is plan what you are going to do before you start the airplane. Then excute your goal of going flying as soon as you can. I know there are times that you just have to sit on the ground and wait for the slow poke in front of you. If you take off when things are on the low side of the green you are much better then when they are on the high side of the green. I learn that flying Lancairs. Keep your speed up on the climb out until you are at altitudes that the air temp is better for cooling. Have a great Cirrus flying day.

Woor

Living here in So Cal I have many days of 90 degrees plus. The only way so far I have kept temp down on climb out is 1)reduce angle of attack 2) keep fuel boost on 3) stay full rich. I know people have talked about moving the landing light like they have on the 22. If that is possible I wondedr if that would help cooling. I would like to here any other ideas people have been using as we are starting to warm up out here.