Cooling

Not much has been said recently about engine cooling. Remember all those posts last summer about high CHTs and having to sacrifice reasonable climb rates to cool the engine?

I wonder if there have been any improvements in the design over the winter? Or will the higher OATs of summer bring the same concerns as last year?

Has the SR22 improved cooling characteristics over the 20? Maybe the repositioned landing light makes a difference, but could that alone be enough? There are an additional 110 HP worth of heat to dissipate.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I remember Walt getting something calibrated on his engine (can’t remember what it was). As far as I remember that helped a lot, but on the other hand he got a slight speed reduction and a higher fuel consumption.

Walt, maybe you could refresh our memories on that.

Cheers,

Placido

Not much has been said recently about engine cooling. Remember all those posts last summer about high CHTs and having to sacrifice reasonable climb rates to cool the engine?

I wonder if there have been any improvements in the design over the winter? Or will the higher OATs of summer bring the same concerns as last year?

Has the SR22 improved cooling characteristics over the 20? Maybe the repositioned landing light makes a difference, but could that alone be enough? There are an additional 110 HP worth of heat to dissipate.

Steve

As I recall, they enriched the mixture on the automatic fuel pump.

Hi Steve,

I remember Walt getting something calibrated on his engine (can’t remember what it was). As far as I remember that helped a lot, but on the other hand he got a slight speed reduction and a higher fuel consumption.

Walt, maybe you could refresh our memories on that.

Cheers,

Placido

Steve