Picture of the Day

Today’s Astonomy Picture of the Day is more of an Aviation Picture of the Day.[:)]

But “Today” is/was Sunday May 4th, 2003. If you try to reach the photo on any subsequent day, you have to follow this link.

… and as long as we’re exploring the aviation/space interface, take a look at the Big Blue project to http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003/02may_bigblue.htm?list9655build and fly a glider with inflatable wings. An unmanned, powered aircraft of this type may one day http://powerweb.grc.nasa.gov/doc/marsairplane.htmlfly through the thin Martian atmosphere on a mission of exploration.

Is it my imagination or is Marty sporting a new photo these days ? Didn’t he have a photo of him facing forward in the cockpit of his Cirrus – sorta looking like he was negotiating with the controllers for better routing ???

This picture looks like he " own’s " Cleveland Approach — and is the " trusted and respected banker " in town !

In these difficult economic times - " image " is everything of course !! Looking good Marty - very professional !!

Scott Prinz
998CD

Scott,

In reply to:

Is it my imagination or is Marty sporting a new photo these days ?

I is.[:)] Got bored with the old one.

In reply to:

Didn’t he have a photo of him facing forward in the cockpit of his Cirrus – sorta looking like he was negotiating with the controllers for better routing ???

Yep, but… That photo was taken by the new-to-Cirrus instructor riding along in the back during my first flight in my 22 (last May). Was kind of negotiating with the plane for a calm flight while being watched by the right-seat instructor.

In reply to:

This picture looks like he " own’s " Cleveland Approach — and is the " trusted and respected banker " in town !

Just goes to show that things are not always what they seem. You can even dress up a physicist. Normally I look something like…

In reply to:

In these difficult economic times - " image " is everything of course !! Looking good Marty - very professional !!

Quite right - the photo was taken for work-related professional stuff. I’d rather be looking like…

Please Note – We were unable to migrate some of the attachments that were originally apart of this post. To view this post in its original format, please click the link below:

Original Post: View Post

Thank you,
The COPA Team
6-47731-n464m_05_26-1.jpg