PAO vs. SQL

I’ve got an opportunity to tie down at either PAO or SQL airports, and I was wondering if anyone had opinions about airports and local A&Ps, either pro- or con-. I live within reasonable driving distance of either, so I think about:

hangar space (non-existant at either)

a good A&P at the airport

fuel prices

instrument approaches (PAO wins here)

physical safety/security (break-ins)

Anything else I should look at?

Paul

Paul —

I saw your beautiful bird at PAO.

SQL has nasty winds on summer afternoons. Nothing a good pilot can’t handle, but you do have to keep your feet alive and the right hand poised over the throttle. It’s far easier to meet people at SQL, I’ve found, thanks to the cafe and terminal. Also less traffic, in my experience: no five-deep waits for take-off clearance on nice days.

PAO has Victor Aviation going for it. Victor doesn’t turn things around too fast, as Kevin Moore will attest. But they are the best at what they do, and they know their big-block Continental engines as well as anyone on earth. Rossi is also good; and they’re fast.

RK

I’ve got an opportunity to tie down at either PAO or SQL airports, and I was wondering if anyone had opinions about airports and local A&Ps, either pro- or con-. I live within reasonable driving distance of either, so I think about:

hangar space (non-existant at either)

a good A&P at the airport

fuel prices

instrument approaches (PAO wins here)

physical safety/security (break-ins)

Anything else I should look at?

Paul