nextrad

This is an excerpt from a post I found on the forum of this new “Anywheremap” device I brought up a few days ago. The author of this post is a technical support guy from the company itself. They have a very active forum where both customers and company programmers interact. (CD are you listening?)

Here it goes…

…FYI – This week I tried a TOTALLY AMAZING datalink receiver
that plugged into the ipaq and let me download live radar from
the internet – works in an airplane, anywhere in the world.
It’s here, it’s now, and it’s quite reasonably priced. Looks
like nextrad overlay may be closer than we all thought!

Looks like these guys will bring live weather earlier than ARNAV and at a much lower cost.

Cheers,

Placido

what is the web address Placido?

Thanks, Michael>This is an excerpt from a post I found on the forum of this new “Anywheremap” device I brought up a few days ago. The author of this post is a technical support guy from the company itself. They have a very active forum where both customers and company programmers interact. (CD are you listening?)

Here it goes…

Looks like these guys will bring live weather earlier than ARNAV and at a much lower cost.

Cheers,

Placido

What is the web site for the Anywhere Map Forum?

This is an excerpt from a post I found on the forum of this new “Anywheremap” device I brought up a few days ago. The author of this post is a technical support guy from the company itself. They have a very active forum where both customers and company programmers interact. (CD are you listening?)

Here it goes…

Cheers,

Placido

AnywhereMap software is written by Control Vision. Their web-site is www.controlvision.com
The company also makes a very nice looking simulator console & rudder assembly that can beef-up the IFR-practice-at-home experience. It’s pricey (~$1700) but would be useful for practicing approaches before a trip.
Try as I do, the Sidewinder joystick just doesn’t feel real enough to do me much good.

George

Here it goes…

Cheers,

Placido

Jim,

The website is www.anywheremap.com. There you will find everything concerning this particular product. www.controlvision.com is the website for the company with all its product offerings and specs.

This whole thing is very intriguing to me as the product evolves very regularly and it seems there is a lot of new stuff coming out very soon. Most of the enhancements come from suggestions the users post on this forum.

Have a look at it. They are very active.

Cheers,

Placido

Here it goes…

Cheers,

Placido

The company also makes a very nice looking simulator console & rudder assembly that can beef-up the IFR-practice-at-home experience. It’s pricey (~$1700) but would be useful for practicing approaches before a trip.
Try as I do, the Sidewinder joystick just doesn’t feel real enough to do me much good.

I would suggest checking out CH Products’ Flight Sim Yoke USB and Pro Rudder Pedals USB before commiting to the Controlvision product. It only costs about $210 for both (search on www.pricewatch.com or try buy.com), and it’s very high quality stuff.

On the other hand… Anywhere Map looks AMAZING!

I have also been following it for many months and will be buying it next week, once I see whether it is cheaper at Sun N Fun or on the web…

With a screen resolution of more than 2x that of the Garmin 430, a cost of about $600 plus pda, and rapid upgrade cycle, I agree that it will revolutionize the cockpit.

-----------Andy

I may soon have a used Brick (Garmin 295) for sale. The anywhere map looks like it is a revolutionary product for the cockpit.

Placido, please keep us updated on your impressions of this unit.

Thanks

Bob Smoke SR22 127

One of my friends bought the ContolVision product and he says that his Garmin 295 makes a good chock.

I may soon have a used Brick (Garmin 295) for sale. The anywhere map looks like it is a revolutionary product for the cockpit.

Placido, please keep us updated on your impressions of this unit.

Thanks

Bob Smoke SR22 127