Lightspeed Headsets

Anyone else wondering why Lightspeed is shown as a Cirrus supplier on the webpage? All others on the page are part of a/c; like Garmin, Arnav, Hartzell, etc.

Does this mean there will be a factory installed Lightspeed panel mount (like the Bose X offers, for example)? My preference for Bose over Lightspeed is the panel (NO BATTERIES!) option, so I could switch my preference pretty easily.

Just wondering in NC

Anyone else wondering why Lightspeed is shown as >a Cirrus supplier on the webpage?

Don’t you love people that answer their own question? Here is an answer I just received from Lightspeed:

"In response to the questions you had this morning…We can sell the SR20
direct. The price is $495.00

We currently do not provide a panel power option with that, however, we are
in the midst of developing an adapter that will connect the headset to the
panel power plug in the cirrus plane. We will know more about this
development and may have them available this spring."

As much as Cirrus must love us position holders, they must get tired of the speculation and questions! (But it would not be PC to admit that.)

Trying to be more patient in NC

Anyone else wondering why Lightspeed is shown as a Cirrus supplier on the webpage? All others on the page are part of a/c; like Garmin, Arnav, Hartzell, etc.

Does this mean there will be a factory installed Lightspeed panel mount (like the Bose X offers, for example)? My preference for Bose over Lightspeed is the panel (NO BATTERIES!) option, so I could switch my preference pretty easily.

Just wondering in NC

I had LightSpeed headsets installed in my SR20 and the front seats use “ship’s power” to run the headsets … NO BATTERIES. I apparently like you do not like the idea of running something in the plane on batteries. The LightSpeed headsets work great. While it is a personal decision, I find the LightSpeed headsets to the best value on the market. Boise is over priced and I don’t like their fit and feel as well as the LightSpeed.

I also put LightSpeed 20Ks in the back seats with batteries. The only reason for a battery headset is portability. Should I fly in another plane it is highly unlikely that it would be equipped with jacks compatible with LightSpeed headsets so I opted to have the back seat headsets available to take with me.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no “standard” for headset jacks or the power level required to run them. You can request that your plane’s jacks, which come standard for Telex headsets, be rigged for use with LightSpeed. The bottom line is anything other than Telex will likely cost extra.

Hope that helps. I know I didn’t answer you question about why listed as a vendor, but I thought this was more of what you wanted to know.

Just wondering in NC

Just wondering in NC

Just a thought, I owned the 20’s and upgraded to the 25’s, the 25’s had a autoshut off for the noise cancel…this feature is standard on the 20’s now.If you use ships power you dont care.In my opinion save the $150.00 and buy the
20’s, I can’t tell the difference in the actual headset, both sound great.

Lightspeed make a custom headset specifically for the Cirrus. They took readings of the Cirrus interior noise print and tweaked the Model 20’s to cancel Cirrus noise specifically. How perfect is that?

Lightspeed make a custom headset specifically for the Cirrus. They took readings of the Cirrus interior noise print and tweaked the Model 20’s to cancel Cirrus noise specifically. How perfect is that?

Thanks to Walt (always helpful-he should be on Cirrus payroll) and ccb (I think he knows someone at Cirrus) for the education. Walt, I didn’t know (among several other things) Lightspeed could/would modify their headsets to run w/o the battery box; and ccb, you have elaborated on the the reply I received from Lightspeed about a “SR-20” model. Thanks to you both!

Just wondering in NC

I had LightSpeed headsets installed in my SR20 and the front seats use “ship’s power” to run the headsets … NO BATTERIES. I apparently like you do not like the idea of running something in the plane on batteries. The LightSpeed headsets work great. While it is a personal decision, I find the LightSpeed headsets to the best value on the market. Boise is over priced and I don’t like their fit and feel as well as the LightSpeed.

I also put LightSpeed 20Ks in the back seats with batteries. The only reason for a battery headset is portability. Should I fly in another plane it is highly unlikely that it would be equipped with jacks compatible with LightSpeed headsets so I opted to have the back seat headsets available to take with me.

Unfortunately, there appears to be no “standard” for headset jacks or the power level required to run them. You can request that your plane’s jacks, which come standard for Telex headsets, be rigged for use with LightSpeed. The bottom line is anything other than Telex will likely cost extra.

Hope that helps. I know I didn’t answer you question about why listed as a vendor, but I thought this was more of what you wanted to know.

Thanks for your answer - but now am really confused. I THOUGHT all Lightspeed’s (the 25XL, the 20XL, and the 15K - I believe the 20K has been disco’d) were hardwired to a battery box! What model do you have up front? Or was the note I received from Lightspeed (see “my” answer to my first question) indicating there is a “SR20” model? Thanks for your patience.

I have the 20K models up front. I sent them back to LightSpeed to have the cord changed to allow them to operate from ‘ship’s power’ only. I use SR20 20K headsets in the back.

Since I have four headsets I admit I haven’t kept up with LightSpeeds model changes. I did consider the 25K but decided that the 20K were so superior to what I had been using that I was not going to spend too much more money.

…does that help?