Jim Fallows interview?

Last I read, Jim said he was scheduled for Monday (yesterday) on NPR show “Fresh Air.” Our local affiliate carried “Fresh Air” but ran an out of date interview about tax cuts. Did anyone get to hear Jim? Jim, if you’re out there, any word on new scheduling?

It ran in LA on 89.9 at 3pm and 89.3 at 10pm. See the link above for a replay.

If you’ve had trouble describing to your non-aviation friends why you fly, listen to Jim’s description of why he does. Pleasure to listen to an aviator with a talent for words.

Last I read, Jim said he was scheduled for Monday (yesterday) on NPR show “Fresh Air.” Our local affiliate carried “Fresh Air” but ran an out of date interview about tax cuts. Did anyone get to hear Jim? Jim, if you’re out there, any word on new scheduling?

I listened to it last night on the whyy.org web site.

Did anybody else notice that in

his recent article for atlantic, our good buddy

fallows managed to discuss scott andersen without even reporting his death?! what the hell

kind of half-truth journalism is that?!

fallows managed to discuss scott andersen without even reporting his death?! what the hell

A modest suggestion:

Read the long description of Scott Anderson’s background and accomplishments, the circumstances leading up to his fatal crash, Paul Johnston’s discovery of the plane, his wife’s and parents’ reaction, Cirrus’s efforts to cope after his crash, his wife’s subsequent views, how Gary Black felt when he first flew a Cirrus after the crash – all of which are in the book, along with a photo of Scott Anderson – and see if maybe you’d like to reconsider this post.

The article was an except from the book, approx 1/8th the book’s length.

What a gutless post! You attack a fellow Cirri who happens to be a world-class journalist and thoroughly decent guy . . . but do so hiding behind the name “candleinthewind.”

Take your candle and . . .

AND what a A-H you are.

Denis

sorry, I did not know that the book reports mr. anderson’s Death. it does make one question the editors of Atlantic’s judgment: in an excerpt that was devoted to strenuously arguing for the prospect of private-plane safety, scott anderson’s death was omitted.

A modest suggestion:

Read the long description of Scott Anderson’s background and accomplishments, the circumstances leading up to his fatal crash, Paul Johnston’s discovery of the plane, his wife’s and parents’ reaction, Cirrus’s efforts to cope after his crash, his wife’s subsequent views, how Gary Black felt when he first flew a Cirrus after the crash – all of which are in the book, along with a photo of Scott Anderson – and see if maybe you’d like to reconsider this post.

The article was an except from the book, approx 1/8th the book’s length.

Pay no attention to that fool Jim. I look forward to reading your book. Do you have a link to order it.

Denis

I look forward to reading your book. Do you have >a link to order it.

Denis

Thought you’d never ask! :wink: The easiest way is via the link on www.jamesfallows.com

thanks for your interest, jf