Jekyll Island

I will going to The Island for about 3 days. Does anyone have any advice? Is it a nice airport will my plane be safe? Thanks ? Don

In reply to:

I will going to The Island for about 3 days. Does anyone have any advice? Is it a nice airport will my plane be safe? Thanks ? Don

Don,

Jekell is a great little island. We frequently go there for the Sunday Brunch at the hotel and have done several weekends there as well.

The airport is a lillte 3700 foot strip 17/35. It has no fuel or services. Once you land if staying at the Jekell Island hotel (highly recommended) give them a call on your cell and they will send the van down for the quick 6/10th of a mile drive to the hotel.

There is 26 holes of golf on the island, not the best but ok.

Renting bikes is a great idea. You can bike the whole island in a few hours.

Just a quick 5 minute hop over to KSSI will get you fuel and another island of fun (and better golf)

The Jekell hotel was where the concept of the Federal Reserve system was devised during a hunting vacation many years ago.

Have fun

Mason

Mason Thanks for the info. So Will My plane be ok for 2 nights on the ramp? Don

Yes I think so

There is no security but I have left mine there for a few days with a cover on it and it was fine.

It is so close you can walk down and check on it each day. It is a great little walk.

Mason