How do you dim the ARNAV?

Just completed my first night flight with the plane, many miles from home and my stacks of manuals. HOW DO YOU DIM THE ARNAV? I ended up putting an AOPA suntamer over it to lessen the glow!

-Curt

Just completed my first night flight with the plane, many miles from home and my stacks of manuals. HOW DO YOU DIM THE ARNAV? I ended up putting an AOPA suntamer over it to lessen the glow!

-Curt

Curt,

Most of the buttons on the right hand side of the Arnav are by themselves (i.e. one button per row). About 2/3 of the way down, there are two buttons side-by-side.

Did you try using these buttons to control the brightness? That’s what seems to do the trick on my unit.

A previous version of the software I had in the unit (prior to getting engine monitoring installed) seemed to only be able to dim if you first made it brighter (i.e. you had to press the rightmost button once [making it a bit brighter], and then you could use either the left or right button to control brightness.)

Steve

The trick is to press the two side-by-side buttons simultaneously which puts you into brightness mode; the buttons then brighten or dim accordingly. The software seems a bit touchy; sometimes it takes me a couple of tries to get the button presses simultaneous enough to do it right.

I was just flying last night and do not yet have engine monitoring. I can confirm that - on my SW rev at any rate - you need to press the rightmost of the two side by side buttons to bring up the brightness bar graph control. Once this window is up the leftmost dims and rightmost brightens.

George

A previous version of the software I had in the unit (prior to getting engine monitoring installed) seemed to only be able to dim if you first made it brighter (i.e. you had to press the rightmost button once [making it a bit brighter], and then you could use either the left or right button to control brightness.)

Steve

Thanks! Now I can take off my sunglasses!

-Curt