How do I download data from the Avidyne

I would like to look at the data in my Avidyne but don’t know how to download data.

Ted:
Just stick a blank disc formatted to FAT with NO DATA on it in the USB slot of the Avidyne BEFORE you start it up. Then start and the MFD will see the blank drive and download the Emax data.

In reply to:

I would like to look at the data in my Avidyne but don’t know how to download data.

Put a FAT formatted empty thumb drive into the USB port on the front and power up the Avidyne. It will ask you if you want to proceed with the download.

Ted

Be sure that you format the thumb drive as a FAT drive, not a FAT32.

I tried that but my thumb drive had other files on it. I’ll try a blank one.
Thanks

In reply to:

I tried that but my thumb drive had other files on it. I’ll try a blank one.
Thanks

Some thumb drives are delivered with software on them from the manufacturer. It must be COMPLETELY empty, reformat it if you must. Even the compression tools they deliver on them sometimes will stop you from downloading. Good luck.

In reply to:

Some thumb drives are delivered with software on them from the manufacturer. It must be COMPLETELY empty, reformat it if you must.

Many thumb drives today come with a U3 partition to run programs. Reformatting the drive will NOT remove this partition. You have to download a utility from the thumb drive manufacturer to remove a U3 partition, if you have one. Thumb drives with U3 partitions won’t work with the Avidyne until you do this.

Jim Knollenberg SR22 1904 N5PF