Avidyne Updates

I’ve just purchased a used SR20, all glass. Does anyone have any information on the database updates for the Avidyne EX5000C? Specifically, I am trying to find out if a USB thumb-drive can be used as the “portable data loader” device, or if I am required to use an Iomega drive.

If I need to purchase the Iomega drive, can anyone tell me where I can get the “approved” model, or will any Iomega ZIP drive work?

Thanks!

In reply to:

I’ve just purchased a used SR20, all glass. Does anyone have any information on the database updates for the Avidyne EX5000C? Specifically, I am trying to find out if a USB thumb-drive can be used as the “portable data loader” device, or if I am required to use an Iomega drive.
If I need to purchase the Iomega drive, can anyone tell me where I can get the “approved” model, or will any Iomega ZIP drive work?
Thanks!

The answers you seek, my child, can be found with abundance, and provided by the multitude. You have but to unlock the genie from the bottle. This is done simply by joining COPA as a member, and all your questions will be answered (no, you are not limited to just 3)

In reply to:

Thanks!

Craig,

You really should join COPA, there is a lot to it’s membership, not the least of which is the introduction to a lot of great people that share your interest.

However, you asked a question and I’ll be happy to answer you whether you join or not.

No, you can not use anything other than a “usb powered” zip drive. 100mb or 250mb drives will work. The key is making sure you get one that is usb powered and does not need a power adaptor plugged into it.

If you have Emax (most likely you do) then you can also use a blank disk to download your engine data as well.

Congrats on your new plane.

Rick

Rick is correct in saying that it must be a ZIP drive, you can use a 110 pawered, but buy the USB it is way easier, you must also format the disk to FAT, FAT 32 will not work. Do join the members side, it is a huge wealth of inforamtion, I save more that 50 bucks just reading it.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance with this question. Your quick and helpful response has motivated me to become a member!

Thanks again!
Craig…

In reply to:

Thanks to everyone for your assistance with this question. Your quick and helpful response has motivated me to become a member!
Thanks again!
Craig…

Welcome to COPA, we look forward to meeting you at one of the fly ins!

Mason

In reply to:

Welcome to the club, Craig! [:)]

Craig,

I’ll join the welcoming chorus! You’re fortunate to be based at an airport with a very knowledgeable Cirrus Service Center (Airways). We’ve had work done by them and have been well pleased.

Cheers,
Roger

In reply to:

You’re fortunate to be based at an airport with a very knowledgeable Cirrus Service Center (Airways). We’ve had work done by them and have been well pleased.

I have not had any work done there, but have heard great things about Airways as well. [:)]

In reply to:

I have not had any work done there, but have heard great things about Airways as well.

I go there regularly and they know what they are talking about.

In reply to:

I go there regularly and they know what they are talking about.

Jim Mazzante gave me some great information regarding my annual from Hell with Wisconsin Aviation a year ago.