Well I could not find a solution to this problem so I came up with one of my own. Finally a way for flight simulation enthusiasts to use their favorite charting and moving map application on the IPAD with full access to the internet for real time weather and briefing updates! Use your geo- referenced approach charts to follow and execute your GPS and ILS approaches to perfection. Track your position in real time using the GPSsimcable using your favorite IPAD charting application. GPSsimcable is compatible with any location-aware apps. PilotEdge users can take their flying to the next level by using the GPSsimcable to track their position while they are on the network. (Subscription to Pilotedge is optional and does not affect the operation of the GPSsimcable with other applications)http://youtu.be/6Np3UjnpP4o
The GPSsimcable makes this all possible for a small investment of $55.00. Compatible with Microsoft Flight simulator 2004 FSX, X-Plane 9 and 10 Microsoft windows addition.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator for FS98/FS2000/FS2002 FSX requires additional program.
- X-Plane 9 or version 10 Windows addition.
- RS232 serial interface or USB to RS232 serial interface
- Null Modem DB9 female to female adapter
- Compatible with any location-aware applications