God bless america

and those who lost their lives today. -j

On this day without aviation let us pray for those who lost their lives and those who are risking their lives to save others. God grant justice to the perpetrators.

George M. Savage MD

FOr so many years, our security and military officials have warned of a day like this, and for all those years our political leaders have concluded that they had more important things to worry about than to protect our citizens for foreign enemies, whether governments or terrorists. One need only look at the tone and the subjects of the debate in Washington over the last ten years to recognize this. How many times have we heard that it was only a matter of time until an event like today happened. And yet the “important” arguments in Washington focused in other areas. Hopefully, that will now change --change for real, and not for evening news sound bites. Hopefully, to quote Japanese admiral Yammamato after the attack on Pearl Harbour, todays events will “waken a sleeping giant and fill it with a terrible resolve.” Sorry to be so long and so off subject for this forum, but this has been a difficult day and I wanted to talk to someone. All our prayers to our brothers of the air who gave their lives today.

Once we bury our dead and determine whom and where these terrorists are located, as well as who were protecting them, we should say a prayer for all of those citizens of whatever countries that they are in, because at that point the US military is going to unleash hell on them and we will witness destruction the likes which we have never seen.

Please bear with me, my friends. This is off topic, but nevertheless bears saying.

With respect to the attacks today on the United States, we Americans are about to be measured.

We will now find out what kind of stuff our new President and the nation he leads are made of.

The attacks today are nothing less than an act of war, and must be responded to accordingly.

One wonders if today’s America has the moral and spiritual fiber to fire up and bring an end to terrorism, like that wonderful generation of the 0s and @s who not only rid the world of the likes of Hitler and the Japanese perpetrators of war, but who also laid the strategic groundwork that ultimately revealed the true nature and weakness of Soviet communism for what it was.

Today’s events certainly make hollow the national political discourse of the past 8 years. Too much fluff and not much attention to the important reasons why we have a Federal government.

Had more attention been given in the 1990s to substance rather than fluff, perhaps the serious security breaches that allowed four airline flights to be hijacked within minutes of one another from three different airports would not have happened.

It’s a serious and cruel world we live in. Perhaps this will serve as a wake up call for us to get back to the important things at the Federal level of government.

We’ll see.

Our hearts and prayers go out to all who are directly affected by this savage barbarianism.

Pete

Please bear with me, my friends. This is off topic, but nevertheless bears saying.

Our hearts and prayers go out to all who are directly affected by this savage barbarianism.

Pete

It is the only topic today Pete and your thoughts are well spoken. As this is an aviation based board one can’t help but wonder once the initial shock wears off, what this will mean for Commercial and General Aviation as we know it. The fact that four aircraft could be taken over simultaneously and used in such a horrific fashion leaves me numb.

I count my blessings today that my family and friends are safe and send my prayers to those who are not as fortunate.

Brig

As a commercial pilot, my day, livlihood, and life has been extremely affected by the actions that have taken place today. Every time I fly I see some other way that someone could bring something aboard the plane, or act upon a member of the flight crew and wonder why it doesn’t happen more often. That being said I am not sure how much more the goverment can do to make our skies safer. There would be so much public outcry at the increased inconvenience of security the steps made would be small. I see people everyday already bitching about the lines at the XRay machine.

To say that these hijackings are more unbelievable because they were simultaneous really has no bearing on the incident. It could have been four or 24 planes that this group could have gained control of, not only because of the small time frame that it occured in but because of the lack of communication between different airports and agencies. I can only hope that our brothers in the sky put up a fight before relinquishing the controls.May the people of New York, the US come together. God Bless them

With respect to the attacks today on the United States, we Americans are about to be measured.

We will now find out what kind of stuff our new President and the nation he leads are made of.

The attacks today are nothing less than an act of war, and must be responded to accordingly.

One wonders if today’s America has the moral and spiritual fiber to fire up and bring an end to terrorism, like that wonderful generation of the 0s and @s who not only rid the world of the likes of Hitler and the Japanese perpetrators of war, but who also laid the strategic groundwork that ultimately revealed the true nature and weakness of Soviet communism for what it was.

Today’s events certainly make hollow the national political discourse of the past 8 years. Too much fluff and not much attention to the important reasons why we have a Federal government.

Had more attention been given in the 1990s to substance rather than fluff, perhaps the serious security breaches that allowed four airline flights to be hijacked within minutes of one another from three different airports would not have happened.

It’s a serious and cruel world we live in. Perhaps this will serve as a wake up call for us to get back to the important things at the Federal level of government.

We’ll see.

Pete

I believe in fact that ALL peoples are measured on days like today. We all live in a world that has come to trade in violence. The people who were responsible today – indeed most people – believe their actions are just. Just as will those who strike back, and then are stuck again. It seems to me that all of the world has come to view violence as their currency, their voice. And in the end it is always the innocent who die. I wonder when it started, and I wonder how it will stop. Even if it stops tomorrow - that is one day too late.

Godspeed to the thousands lost…

Pete

It is the only topic today Pete and your thoughts are well spoken. As this is an aviation based board one can’t help but wonder once the initial shock wears off, what this will mean for Commercial and General Aviation as we know it. The fact that four aircraft could be taken over simultaneously and used in such a horrific fashion leaves me numb.

I count my blessings today that my family and friends are safe and send my prayers to those who are not as fortunate.

Brig

Imagine the schoolchildren in the Jerusalem pizza, or in the coffehouses of Tel Aviv, for years, and years and years… How can they feel with bombings after bombings, and whenever the military has a measured response, most of the world opinion is against Israel. Unfortunately - and I would give my right arm, if it could have been undone - we took a terrible, thousandfold doze of the same kind of terrorism. Bush is right when he said ( and all the previous Presidents should have been saying this for decades), that we’ll make no distinction between the perpetrators and the countries harboring them. Those countries should be cut off from the world, boycott them, but first bomb the hell out of EVERY known terrorist base, camp, or training site. The entire civilized world will unite behind us in getting rid of terrorism this time. May God be kind upon all the souls lost this day, our prayers are with them!

Our nation paid a terrible toll today. It is easy to blame on our politicians and security services…We must have a scapegoat. It compares to our reaction to a GA crash when we are seemingly comforted by our ability to rationalize someone else’s error by assuring ourselves that it would never happen to us…There is plenty of blame to go around and the Bcrats will allow the horror of today to blend into the white noise of rancourous discourse which will start the whole cycle again…The bottom Line is this: Our democracy was forged on the sacrifices of our ancestors…we think we can hit ALT/NAV and the whole thing will work out…We want freedom, but we want it for free…we were shown today that it dosn’t work that way…

We can’t defend our shores in an open society, but we can pre-empt those that would seek to destroy what we hold most dear…I am hopeful that as a nation , we are up to the unpleasant tasks that lay ahead…

The people who were responsible today – indeed most people – believe their actions are just."

Intended to mean that everyday the people who are choosing violence often believe they are just. NOT to mean these or any actions of violence are just.

Hope no one read it the wrong way.