Gamijectors

Has anyone installed these fuel injectors on their TCM 550, for better distribution?Read the atrical in AVweb go under reviews and click on Gamijectors and read.

Thank
Richard

Has anyone installed these fuel injectors on their TCM 550, for better distribution?Read the atrical in AVweb go under reviews and click on Gamijectors and read.

Thank
Richard

Richard,

I am far from an expert in engines, but I’m not sure how much the GAMInjectors would help. I’m able to lean to 50 degrees LOP (i.e. “best economy” setting) on all 6 cylinders without roughness.

My understanding is that the GAMI product is made so that if you can NOT run LOP without engine roughness, due to uneven fuel metering, the installation of their product should allow you to do so.

Maybe I’m lucky, or maybe the fuel injection system on our engines is already pretty decent, but I don’t really see the need for it.

(Of course there’s lot of caveats like I’m an SR20 driver and you were actually asking about the IO-550. Also I’ve only had the instrumentation to run LOP for a couple flights now, so I’m still learning. Plus maybe there’s more advantages to the GAMInjectors that I don’t know about??)

Steve

Thank
Richard

I recently had Gamijectors installed on a TCM 550B in my A36 Bonanza. I did it because it was highly recommended in the BPPP school I attended. Everyone I spoke to there felt it was a good idea. I am very happy that I did it. The engine runs cooler, and the EGT for each cylinder does not vary more than 25 deg. Without Gamis they varied by as much as 100 deg. The end result is that you do not have to lean to the worst cylinder because they are all the same. Your engine lasts longer and you save about one gallon per hour which amounts to about a $1300 savings on a $800 investment, and it extends your range!

Richard, The GamiJectors are not yet approved for the TCM IO-550-N. Gary

Thank
Richard

The SR20 engine does not need GAMI injectors because it has a tuned induction and exhaust system to even out fuel flow. I believe the SR22 engine is the same but I am not sure. I think I saw somewhere that GAMI does not make injectors for the SR20 engine for that reason.

I am far from an expert in engines, but I’m not sure how much the GAMInjectors would help. I’m able to lean to 50 degrees LOP (i.e. “best economy” setting) on all 6 cylinders without roughness.

My understanding is that the GAMI product is made so that if you can NOT run LOP without engine roughness, due to uneven fuel metering, the installation of their product should allow you to do so.

Maybe I’m lucky, or maybe the fuel injection system on our engines is already pretty decent, but I don’t really see the need for it.

(Of course there’s lot of caveats like I’m an SR20 driver and you were actually asking about the IO-550. Also I’ve only had the instrumentation to run LOP for a couple flights now, so I’m still learning. Plus maybe there’s more advantages to the GAMInjectors that I don’t know about??)

Steve

You are correct,

The SR20 & 22 are already fined tuned. The 22 could use a little better tune on the exhaust but everything else is close to best fined tuned except blue printed.

Have a happy Cirrus day

Woor

The SR20 engine does not need GAMI injectors because it has a tuned induction and exhaust system to even out fuel flow. I believe the SR22 engine is the same but I am not sure. I think I saw somewhere that GAMI does not make injectors for the SR20 engine for that reason.

Steve

You are correct,

The SR20 & 22 are already fined tuned. The 22 could use a little better tune on the exhaust but everything else is close to best fined tuned except blue printed.

Have a happy Cirrus day

Woor

Woor, if it’s so for the SR2x, why shouldn’t it be for the rest (Bonanzas, et al.), too?

The egines come from TCM are the same for Cirrus or Beech, aren’t they ???

Wilfried

Woor, if it’s so for the SR2x, why shouldn’t it be for the rest (Bonanzas, et al.), too?

The egines come from TCM are the same for Cirrus or Beech, aren’t they ???

No, that’s exactly the point. The core of the engines are nearly the same, but the intake and exhaust manifolds on the Cirrus engines are balanced - specifically this means the length of each cylinder’s manifold is the same, so that the exhaust gases, e.g., travel the same distance and meet the same resistance from each cylinder. The engines fitted to Mooneys etc. do not have balanced manifolds, which leads to variations in the amount of air that goes into each cylinder. This is the imbalance that the Gamijectors compensate for (by adjusting the fuel flow on a per-cylinder basis). The Cirrus engines would benefit very little from this since there is very little variation between cylinders in the first place.

Thank you Woor & Clyde

Your engine lasts longer and you save about one gallon per hour which amounts to about a $1300 savings on a $800 investment, and it extends your range!

Well, now, Dave, will they also help my wife’s range, too, or do they only work on the PIC? :~)

Pete

Your engine lasts longer and you save about one gallon per hour which amounts to about a $1300 savings on a $800 investment, and it extends your range!

Well, now, Dave, will they also help my wife’s range, too, or do they only work on the PIC? :~)

Pete
I’ve been contemplating the issue of wife-range, too. I think I have the solution. In fact, I think I’ll patent it. I’ll make a fortune! I’ll be able to afford more flying, and I’ll have more time to do it.
Look for my new product: GamEjectors! (What’s that you say dear? You want to land right now? OK, one second while I push this GamEjector button - bye!)

I know that someone’s going to tell my wife; I’m in trouble now!

• Mike.