Cirrus Retract

Flying in Santa Barbara, CA Friday on a 1.5 mile final for Rwy 25, tower makes the following transmitionÂ…

Twr: Cirrus N7788T verify your landing gear is down.

N7788T: We are fixed gear, 88T.

Twr: Continue 88T.

May be I should have requested a fly byÂ…

Jim,

I think I know where the confusion comes from. Gordon F. and PapaLima are based at Santa Barbara and have the only Cirrus with retracts. Tower might have had you confused with them. [:)]

Walt
1-85230-GordonRetract.jpg

It’s that 170Kt final that fools 'em every time [;)]

Looks COOOOOOOOOOOOOL l[:)]

In reply to:

Gordon F. and PapaLima … have the only Cirrus with retracts.

Walt,

Not true! Capitol Aerials, the company that did my in-flight photo shoot, provided me with a similar conversion to the one done on N322PL. In fact, they used the identical materials and procedure, and went about getting FAA approval the same way.

• Mike.

Please Note – We were unable to migrate some of the attachments that were originally apart of this post. To view this post in its original format, please click the link below:

Original Post: View Post

Thank you,
The COPA Team
1-85230-GordonRetract.jpg

Boy, eliminating the landing gear makes an already gorgeous airplane even more gorgeous. For the few knots of cruise-speed that you would gain by pulling up the gear at high-altitude, however, I think I will take the cheaper maintenance alternative.[:)]

In reply to:

Not true!

Mike,

I sit corrected! I wonder if Alan is looking at this photos thinking “if these guys only knew what we had up our sleeve…” [;)]

They are pretty conversions!

Don’t forget your GUMP!

Walt

In reply to:

Walt,
Not true! Capitol Aerials, the company that did my in-flight photo shoot, provided me with a similar conversion to the one done on N322PL. In fact, they used the identical materials and procedure, and went about getting FAA approval the same way.

• Mike.

Is this for real? Where can I find out more?

Oh boy----here we go!!

not bad, PHOTOSHOP???

In reply to:

Don’t forget your GUMP!

Walt - shouldn’t that be GUM? Of if you’re LOP - GU?

Tom

In reply to:

Is this for real? Where can I find out more?

Click here for more info on the retractable conversion.

In reply to:

not bad, PHOTOSHOP???

Richard,

I don’t know about Gordon’s plane. Come to think of it, I don’t know about mine, either – Capitol Aerials did it, and I never asked what they used. I only know that it wasn’t a hacksaw! [:)]

• Mike.

Mike - I’d get my money back. In their hast they also appear to have whacked your comm antenna.

In reply to:

I don’t know about Gordon’s plane.

I used Microsoft Digital Image Pro on Gordon’s picture. Actually it’s my plane w/Gordon’s Tail number and Gordon and PapaLima’s smiling faces added.

Little more fun when you don’t have a blue background. [:)]

Walt