Beware Jeppesen website orders

I just want to warn potential customers of jeppesen not to use thier website to order stuff, call instead.

I ordered the avidyne one time update for $200 last week and their site took the order and said processing your order, please wait… which I did. It eventually just timed out and showed the “page not found”.

I tried again Monday to order it with the same results.

Tuesday, my credit card was denied at lunch. I pay my CCs off every month, never pay interest. I called Citibank and asked them what was up. They said they suspected fraud and froze my account because a merchant “misc educational” had charged my account $200 48 times in a row. They offered to cancel my account and send me a new card which I said ok.

I got the new card wed, then today tried to use it. Denied. Makes you feel like such a loser! So I call Citibank again to which they said I was over my limit with those 48 $200 charges! They know it is fraud but because they are in pending and not actual transactions, they cannot remove them now that the card has been canceled and reissued. Said it is in the security dept hands now and that they sent me an affidavit to sign and NOTARIZE which I should receive in 5 business days! Upon receiving that back, they will begin the investigation.

They suggested I call the merchant and ask them to remove the charges so I did. Jeppesen was aware of the problem, has happened to them before, and agreed to do a conference call with Citibank as they have done before to fix this.

Citibank person was a smug sob and basically said "now that you have canceled the card, it is out of our hands and in the security dept. They will not accept calls from you until you have returned the notarized affidavit of fraud! But not to worry, the pre-autorizations from jeppesen will fall off the account in 30 days!

Jeppesen tried their best to help me but Citibank is run by idiots who have no clue about customer service or the disservice they were dolling upon me. Do you ever wonder if you are talking to a living breathing thinking human being or just a regurgitating android reading from a piece of paper written 10 years ago?

Jeppesen rep felt bad and apologized a lot. Then offered to give me the update for free which I accepted.

So, be warned, if you want to order, CALL instead of use their website ordering.

Rick

In reply to:

They said they suspected fraud and froze my account because a merchant “misc educational” had charged my account $200 48 times in a row.

Holy Cr@p, Rick! Thanks for the heads-up. In the past, I have ordered via phone with Jeppesen (even though I order tons of other stuff on the internet), so I stick with this practice when it comes time to reorder.

In reply to:

Citibank is run by idiots who have no clue about customer service or the disservice they were dolling upon me.

Citibank quite consistently treats their customers as if they are criminals. It makes you think it takes one to know one.