Avionics

Does anyone know what CD is using for the back-up GPS for the “A” configuration SR22? Also besides the HSI is there a second GPS/VOR/LOC indicator?

Does anyone know what CD is using for the back-up GPS for the “A” configuration SR22? Also besides the HSI is there a second GPS/VOR/LOC indicator?

IT’s essentially the same as a “B” SR20 - the second GPS is a GNC-420, which is a GPS/COMM, no VOR. There is a second OBS indicator, for the GPS only of course. The 420 is IFR approved, like the 430.

I really wish CD had called them “B” and “C” configs!

IT’s essentially the same as a “B” SR20 - the second GPS is a GNC-420, which is a GPS/COMM, no VOR. There is a second OBS indicator, for the GPS only of course. The 420 is IFR approved, like the 430.

I really wish CD had called them “B” and “C” configs!

Thanks, Clyde, that bieng the case I will probably opt for the SR22. The redundant electric system, no vacume pump to fail, not to mention the increase in speed and load makes the 22 a bit better fit for me. Also, thanks for putting together this web site. How about the SR31 B & C?