Avidyne

Do you have a problem with the rubber cover on the avidyne comming off .I noticed a few aircraft with this broken off

Mine is gone. Do not know how to replace it.

Yep, off and gone. My MFD went to Avidyne a year ago for a hardware upgrade. Would have been a good time to replace the missing rubber cover. They didn’t.

Mine went after about 2 years.

Most USB ports don’t have covers anyway, so I’m not overly concerned.

If you are, a small piece of tape should keep the crud out.

FYI talked to Avidyne rep about this will advise his boss thanks for the information. Cirrus is a nice aircraft to work on Dave

The only way to replace this is to send to Avidyne It is not covered under warranty. And takes about two weeks I It is a poor design for the cover attachment. I am trying to get a idea how wide spread this problem is with THe avidyne panel . Dave

I am on my second 22 but have never had this problem.

My rubber covers stay on and never have come off. Don

In reply to:

I am on my second 22 but have never had this problem.

You see my quote above! Today, guess what broke off. While I still have it, it is no longer attached!

Guess that will teach me. Don’t anyone ask me if my engine or propeller have ever fallen off![;)]

I can’t wait, for Dennis to come up with a picture on this one!!!

Manfred

I have a shipment of 20 rubber covers coming. They cost about $2.50 ea. if anyone is interested. I’m attaching a JPG 'cause these covers look a little different than the originals.
Regards, Don
2-194523-USBCover.jpg

In reply to:

I have a shipment of 20 rubber covers coming. They cost about $2.50 ea. if anyone is interested. I’m attaching a JPG 'cause these covers look a little different than the originals.
Regards, Don

First, the picture - the name of the attachment was missing a “.jpg”, so it might not load for everyone.

Second… $2.50 makes sense for someone who wants just one. For any sort of quantity, you may want to buy them directly from the source.

• Mike.

I realize I’m a little late to the party, but do you still have any of these?

Karl

Just Google:

protective cap for usb