aftermarket turbonormalization

There have been many discussions on the decision between the SR20 and SR22. I wonder on the performance gains(more at altitude and hot, high density altitude days)on aftermarket turbonormalization. This will not bring the speed at lower altitudes of the bigger engined SR22 but speed at altitude, takeoff performance on hot days and ceiling will benefit and probably at lower cost than the price difference of the two Cirrus models.
Just a thought,

DK

Love your thoughts … turbo SR20 would be great especially in the West with Granite stuffed clouds. That would be a better deal, in my view, than simply a bigger engine. If someone would only build one with appropriate STC paperwork.

Aftermarket turbocharging properly done (automatic wastegate and intercooling) goes for about $25,000 to $30,000.

It would seem to make the SR20 a far better aircraft for about a 15% premium.

A bargain - if you have the money to spare.

FADEC should be available in about a year for perhaps $5000 - not bad when aircraft owners are sometimes spending half of that just for monitoring instruments.

I’ll be looking ahead for a 200 to 250 horsepower turbodiesel for not too much more money than turbocharging and FADEC combined.

There have been many discussions on the decision between the SR20 and SR22. I wonder on the performance gains(more at altitude and hot, high density altitude days)on aftermarket turbonormalization. This will not bring the speed at lower altitudes of the bigger engined SR22 but speed at altitude, takeoff performance on hot days and ceiling will benefit and probably at lower cost than the price difference of the two Cirrus models.
Just a thought,

DK

Love your thoughts … turbo SR20 would be great especially in the West with Granite stuffed clouds. That would be a better deal, in my view, than simply a bigger engine. If someone would only build one with appropriate STC paperwork.

I live next to the the Granite. Great Idea - but I agree that STC paperwork would be needed (and a reasonalbe price) for me to buy in.