A real fast aircraft off our coast today...

My daughte wanted to help me with my new plane, I said what do you want to do? She said “can I serve the drinks and snacks?”
1-82707-DSC_0094.jpg

In reply to:

That reminds me of the old story about the teacher who asked a young girl if she knew what a yellow traffic light meant. She replied, “Mommy slow down, Daddy speed up.”

Just one in the defense of Daddies. My Mom is the one who thinks yellow means put the pedal to the metal.[:)]

We’ll at least my 7 year old son still wants to be a pilot like Daddy. Here he is with Chuck Yaeger. Yaeger’s landing the day before didn’t go so well.
1-82713-R0012714_cropped.JPG

In reply to:

My daughte wanted to help me with my new plane, I said what do you want to do? She said “can I serve the drinks and snacks?”

Jim,

That’s cute, and next time somebody jokingly asks you when drinks and snacks will be served, you can tell them in all seriousness, “once we reach cruising altitude.”[:)]

In reply to:

We’ll at least my 7 year old son still wants to be a pilot like Daddy.

Paul,

Thats great to hear. For a second there I thought you were going to tell us that your son wants to beat up famous test-pilots like daddy.[;)]

In reply to:

We’ll at least my 7 year old son still wants to be a pilot like Daddy. Here he is with Chuck Yaeger. Yaeger’s landing the day before didn’t go so well.

Yeager must have been flying the scramjet…someone should have told him to install CAPS.

He flew in for the dedication of Heaven’s Landing . He was flying a North American T-6 Texan (N2831D, Ser. No. 53-4577, owned by Ed and Connie Bowlin) and got caught in a crosswind.

In reply to:

I was at 95,000 feet in my cirrus. I thought I saw something blink really fast on skywatch. damn scramjets get’n in my way constantly. almost as bad as those 172s.

Brad,

ThatÂ’s a good one. However, if there is one company that can put us at 95,000 feet and Mach 5 fifty years from now, itÂ’s Cirrus.

Also, I have found that you need to stay above 100,000 to avoid the CessnaÂ’s.[:)]

In reply to:

He flew in for the dedication of Heaven’s Landing . He was flying a North American T-6 Texan (N2831D, Ser. No. 53-4577, owned by Ed and Connie Bowlin) and got caught in a crosswind.

Paul,

Thanks for that information. It is at least a little consolation that those kinds of things happen to the best of pilots. IÂ’m sure glad he just had minor injuries.