A different twist on &quotYes Dear&quot

As probably one of the few female readers of this post, I’d like to offer a differnt spin on the “Yes Dear” posts – think of what your significant other (I’m assuming non-pilot) is thinking…

“Yes Dear” - we can buy something that costs more than a second house (and probably more than most people’s first house – yes, I know, houses don’t fly us off to fun places on weekends)…

“Yes Dear” - we can have customized covers, nose plugs, chalks, etc., etc.,…

“Yes Dear” - we can go to Duluth in January to pick up our plane when the hi is -5 degrees…

But the ultimate…

“Yes Dear” - I’ll start taking flying lessons (only after 8 years of breaking me down did my husband hear me utter these words this week):slight_smile:

But seriously, as a non-pilot I LOVE the SR20 – we just picked ours up about 4 weeks ago and everything is great (except for the minor hiccups pretty much everyone else has experienced) – I’ve never been a big fan of flying in 20+ year old planes BUT when I sat in the SR20 at the AOPA expo last year I was totally sold – everything about it is wonderful and I hope you all enjoy your fantastic machines.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Robin

N96706

As probably one of the few female readers of this post, I’d like to offer a differnt spin on the “Yes Dear” posts – think of what your significant other (I’m assuming non-pilot) is thinking…

“Yes Dear” - we can buy something that costs more than a second house (and probably more than most people’s first house – yes, I know, houses don’t fly us off to fun places on weekends)…

“Yes Dear” - we can go to Duluth in January to pick up our plane when the hi is -5 degrees…

But the ultimate…

“Yes Dear” - I’ll start taking flying lessons (only after 8 years of breaking me down did my husband hear me utter these words this week):slight_smile:

But seriously, as a non-pilot I LOVE the SR20 – we just picked ours up about 4 weeks ago and everything is great (except for the minor hiccups pretty much everyone else has experienced) – I’ve never been a big fan of flying in 20+ year old planes BUT when I sat in the SR20 at the AOPA expo last year I was totally sold – everything about it is wonderful and I hope you all enjoy your fantastic machines.

Robin

N96706

Robin

I hope your significant other apreciates how lucky he is (in this respect and I would surmise many others!) to be partnered with someone who enjoys flying as you do. I am similarly blessed to be married to a terrific lady who, among her many outstanding qualities, loves to fly with me as often as she can.

I have observed a number of relationships in which one of the partners is ambivalent or even disdainful of the other’s enthusiasm for flying, and it is sad for both.

Congratulations and I hope you both get a lot of “idiot grin time” flying together in N96706!

Kevin Moore

But the ultimate…

Robin

N96706

Robin:

Good luck with the onset of your lessons. Hope everything goes well with your training. We will be happy to assist you in any way we can.

Brian

Thanks for your post Robin. I’m hoping for the same reaction from my wife when I get her into the Cirrus at 2001 EAA this year.

I believw she harbors the same thoughts re: 30+ year old planes I fly.

My guess(read hope) is she will love it too.

Clark #765

But the ultimate…

Robin

N96706