1800 foot strip

Nice landing!

Who’s panting?

I’m guessing Blu was mic-ed. I hyperventilate on challenging landings too.

Good job, Blu. You know what they say - what doesn’t kill you outright makes you strongly inclined to do things that will kill you outright.

Blu:

Thanks for the video. You make it look too easy. [;)]

For the benefit of readers, could you tell us about your flying experience, especially in back country/dirt strips? It might put this thread in perspective for folks who might get the impression that landing on short/dirt strips is no big deal.

I hope nobody thinks landing on an 1800 foot dirt strip in a Cirrus is no big deal.

Regards,

Tim

Here’s the link to the video.

Good job Blu!

Where the heck is that? North of the river? I come from Grand Junction but I can’t quite figure the location from the video.

When I learned to fly a gillion years ago there was a dirt strip about like that southeast of Orchard Mesa; probably not there anymore - kind of fun in a Cessna 120.

But I wouldn’t do that in a Cirrus.

Its south of the river in east orchard mesa approximatly B 1/2 road and 35 1/2 rd (if the roads went that far)

I think the panting in the backgroungd maybe the dog i wasn’t miked but the dog followed him up the hill on the fourwheeler.

Got it.

I wonder if that old dirt strip I remember is now that drag strip at 32 Rd & Hwy 50? Do you know any history about that drag strip? The old dirt strip was something left over from WWII; no idea who owned the land. (Now over half a century ago) when I was learning to fly I knew that whenever we got close to that was when the instructor would pull the power and I would set up for an emergency landing. I’m expecting the new instructors in Grand Junction will now be using your dirt strip as the place to pull power[:D].

Impressive…crazy stuff…thanks for filming and posting it.