1700 vs 2000?

The Columbi 300 and the SR-22 use the same engine, yet Lancair lists a TBO of 2,000 vs. 1,700 for the SR-22.

Anybody know why?

And how do you think they get those extra 10 knots?

Anybody know why?<

I do. It was a typo/error in putting together the SR-22 spec. (I have had an exchange on this very point with a Cirrus rep). It’s the same engine, and the same 2000hr TBO.

Anybody know why?<

I do. It was a typo/error in putting together the SR-22 spec. (I have had an exchange on this very point with a Cirrus rep). It’s the same engine, and the same 2000hr TBO.

Very glad to “hear” that.

Anybody know why?<

Lancair has beter aerodynamics at the expens of visibility. Lood at the windscreen of both planes and then the sitting positions. this accounts for a few.

I don’t know if this is a factor, bbut I think Lancair quotes the 191 kts at 80% or 81%. Does anyone know is the -22 is listed at 75% or 80%?

Marty

I am glad you asked Cirrus. I was about to because the Continental web page shows 2,000 hours TBO for the IO550N. It can be found at http://www.tcmlink.com/serviceBulletins/index.html

Anybody know why?<