YIPES! NEW Jepp invoice of $ 815.00

Did `ya ever notice that Mike always has to get the last word… er, digit?

RE: " "

Well put.

Raj:

Makes perfect sense to me. That is why I was surprised there were so many different “versions” of the story.
So, last night I discovered that the September 5 update is now available for download.
IT WORKED PERFECTLY. It seems that the database is downloaded with the FIRST card update and then stored. The SECOND card, I believe, updated from the stored database and went much faster but I did not stop the internet connection during the second card update. Do you know if you need to stay connected the whole time or just for the first download?
Brian

Yesterday I did another series of downloads. which brought me down to 6 downloads left. I talked to Jepp and they said that during the next cycle they expect each subscriber to be limited to 2 downloads (or whatever they have contracted for) and that will show up when you go online. FYI due to a mental lapse (probably age or ignorance or both) I downloaded cycle 208 three times and 209 once. After talking with Jepp and identifying which card I had done wrong, I downloaded 209 a second time all without any problem. They (Jepp) have been very helpful & patient.
Richard

Brian,
I do not know the answer to that. I too noticed that the second download went much faster and I also remained connected during the whole process. Your assessment is probably correct.
Raj.

In reply to:

Do you know if you need to stay connected the whole time or just for the first download?

Brian,

After the second (and third, etc, if applicable) downloads, the system contacts the server to let it know that you’ve successfully done another load – the server then decrements the “count” of permissable loads left. It needs the Internet to do this, but I have no idea what will happen if it doesn’t have a connection at that point, considering that your load of the card is complete.

Mike.