Takeoffs

During factory training, K Kahler said this plane did not re require a lot of right rudder on takeoff. I have not found this to be the case. It seems to need slight brake pressure till the rudder becomes effective and then as much rudder as my ole 182.The 182 had rudder trim which helped alot. Is this need for rudder sensed by others?

Does the sound of the engine revving quickly after power application take a while to get used to hearing and feeling? I try to apply power smoothly and away it goes.

N766SA is starting very well with just about 10 seconds of prime now that the temps are in the 80’s

John Evans #101

I find myself using quite a bit of right rudder as well during takeoff as well.

During factory training, K Kahler said this plane did not re require a lot of right rudder on takeoff. I have not found this to be the case. It seems to need slight brake pressure till the rudder becomes effective and then as much rudder as my ole 182.The 182 had rudder trim which helped alot. Is this need for rudder sensed by others?

Does the sound of the engine revving quickly after power application take a while to get used to hearing and feeling? I try to apply power smoothly and away it goes.

N766SA is starting very well with just about 10 seconds of prime now that the temps are in the 80’s

John Evans #101

John Evans #101

I used much more right rudder than I was used to on my old Comanche. A. Alexander #120

Is this need for rudder sensed by others?>

I need to push in the right pedal for a short time after rotation but it is minimal after that (or may be I am just use to it). I certainly do not need to use it near as much as I did with a C-172 and a Sundowner that I flew in the past. How does it fly straight and level? I assume that the factory set rudder trim is set properly.

Does the sound of the engine revving quickly after power application take a while to get used to hearing and feeling? I try to apply power smoothly and away it goes.>

I love the sound of the engine revving. My wife noted once that it sounds like my folk’s ski boat. It gives me a sense of security when I hear and feel the power kick in. At times I do get caught putting in a little too much power after trying to correct for flaring too high.

Is this need for rudder sensed by others?>

I need to push in the right pedal for a short time after rotation but it is minimal after that (or may be I am just use to it). I certainly do not need to use it near as much as I did with a C-172 and a Sundowner that I flew in the past. How does it fly straight and level? I assume that the factory set rudder trim is set properly.

Straight and level, no rudder needed at all.

Does the sound of the engine revving quickly after power application take a while to get used to hearing and feeling? I try to apply power smoothly and away it goes.>

I love the sound of the engine revving. My wife noted once that it sounds like my folk’s ski boat. It gives me a sense of security when I hear and feel the power kick in. At times I do get caught putting in a little too much power after trying to correct for flaring too high.