Take your kid to work day April 24

Just a reminder. Thursday is Take your kid to work day (formerly Take your daughter to work day, but there was a PC implosion). I’m taking my 11 year-old to her 2nd flight lesson; she wants more but I’ve told her its an annual event until she can reach the pedals! Last year was pattern & airwork (“I loved making the pencils float!”). This year is a x-c to a grass field landing (no not in my plane, she’s in a Katana).

This is a great opportunity to inspire the next generation.

-Curt

Curt,

That looks like too much fun to be “work”!

Cheers,
Roger

Curt: What a great fun idea. (It is amazing how different you look in the Katana than your thumbnail photo!)

Marty

Great idea Curt! I took my daughter Olivia (age 7) for her first flying “lesson” (in a '172, not the Pitts - I just didn’t have a good pic of the Cessna) and took her on a tour the plumbing maze at our Paxton facility. While I am on the subject, Olivia and I are signed up to go to U.S. Space Camp in Huntsville in mid-May. They have a Parent/Child three day weekend for kids 7 to 9. It sounds like a good time. I’ll post back a review after graduation. You can check it out at http://www.spacecamp.com. Anyone with feedback on Space Camp?

To Infinity and Beyond!
Best/Clif

In reply to:

That looks like too much fun to be “work”!

Shhhh! Don’t tell Mom!

-Curt

In Reply To:
Anyone with feedback on Space Camp?

My daughter’s school sent the 6th grade gifted students to Space Camp last spring, for the 3-day AstroTrek Group Program. I went along as one of the chaperones. My daughter and I had a GREAT time (as did the other kids, parents and teachers). The AstroTrek program has much in common with the individual programs, so I know you’re going to LOVE it! (If you haven’t seen pics of the dorms yet, you’re in for a surprise! [:)])

Just a quick note to say " what a great Photo "

Enjoyed it - my wife wants to wish you luck once she starts dating — she’s adorable !

Heres’ another pic of my pride a joy…And don’t think I am not nervous about the dating thing!! That’s my only reservation about teaching her to fly…you know how bad those boy pilots can be! My worst nightmare is that she meets some boy that was like me when I was that age.

I am working a Plan “B” that involves nuns and convent

Best/Clif

A flock of Cirri (and my daughter and friend) at the OXR flyin…

clif

Clif,

Are you flying a fractional plane yet? I am still working up to 300 hours. Flying in Dad’s Cherokee 6 and rented 182s

Scott

Clif,

Are you flying a fractional plane yet? I am still working up to 300 hours. Flying in Dad’s Cherokee 6 and rented 182s

Scott

Hi Scott…not yet…Ourplane has a new rep - he actually starts works today (Wednesday 29 April 2002). They expect to have the CMA/CIA Ourplane open house by end of May and the SR22 shortly thereafter. They have been doing well at other airports, but CMA has been coming along, well, not quite as quickly.

We have two signed up, but need two more. As soon as I hear from him, I’ll email the new rep your address so that he can contact you.

Clif