SR22 on AOPA membership card!

I got my 2003 AOPA membership card in the mail today.

Since this is the Centennial Year of the Wright Brothers’ first flight, AOPA chose to represent a time-line of G.A. in the form of three pictures. On the left is The Flyer - the beginning of it all; in the middle, a Waco; and on the right, the current state-of-the art for G.A. – an SR22.

Auspicious company for a deserving airplane. Congratulations to all at Cirrus Design!

Mike.

I demand a replacement!!! My 2002-2003 card, which expires in 2004, came last week and only shows the WACO. Think I’ll call AOPA tomorrow and see how to get one like yours.

John Kinsey
N623SK
SR22 # 182

In reply to:

My 2002-2003 card, which expires in 2004…

John,
Strange - my card is for 2003-2004, and it expires on 12/31/03! Go figure…
Anyway, I’m sure that AOPA would be happy to send you a free upgrade. If they give you any problems, I happen to know the holder of the AOPA 2002 Laurence P. Sharples award__*__, Gordon Feingold, personally, so let me know and we’ll get this taken care of! [;)]

• Mike.
    * In case you missed it, you can find an online article on Gordon’s award here.

In reply to:

In case you missed it, you can find an online article on Gordon’s award here.

Gosh, Mike. Yer makin’ me blush. [:$]

For those of you who missed the awards banquet in Palm Springs last October, here’s a shot of the swimsuit competition.

In reply to:

here’s a shot of the swimsuit competition…

Gosh, Gordon, there’s a lot more to this award stuff than I had imagined!

Personally, I think you look pretty darn good in that photo - better than I recall from when I met you. Have no idea why they labeled you the “Bulge Area”. (Oh, and you might point out to them that they misspelled it, for next year’s competition).

• Mike.

Gordon - that liposuction clearly worked out wonderfully for you ! Congratulations er Mam.

Gordon, no offense, but you obviously must have won on the talent portion of the competition.

-Mike

In reply to:

Oh, and you might point out to them that they misspelled it, for next year’s competition).

Misspelled AND misplaced!