SR22 - EGT

I have noticed a pronounced bouncing oscillation of the gauge as I lean the engine. Is anyone else experiencing the same phenomenon? The second finding is the EHSI 15 degrees or so to the right of track when in NAV mode but gone in GPSS. Otherwise N6CD is a dream…

bob

I have noticed a pronounced bouncing oscillation of the gauge as I lean the engine. Is anyone else experiencing the same phenomenon? The second finding is the EHSI 15 degrees or so to the right of track when in NAV mode but gone in GPSS. Otherwise N6CD is a dream…

bob

Bob: My EGT gauge is fairly steady, but does move quickly once I start to lean. (It never bounces.) I do note that some times it takes 15-30 seconds to fully stabilize at a temp.

My Sandel reads 8 degrees higher then the whisky compass. This started out as an intermittent problem and seems to be a full time issue. It doesn’t make any difference if flying with the NAV or GPSS functions on the GPSS, however, as the A/P will make the corrections so the aircraft is headed to the correct point.

The plane is at the JA AIr center in Dupage, IL for the ARNAV Engineview installation and a bunc of warranty worrk, so we’ll se how it is next week.

Marty

My 22 EGT guage is smooth and linear. And the EHSI is right on the money. Sounds like you have a couple of warranty issues.

Roger

N706CD

bob

bob

Bob: My EGT gauge is fairly steady, but does move quickly once I start to lean. (It never bounces.) I do note that some times it takes 15-30 seconds to fully stabilize at a temp.

My Sandel reads 8 degrees higher then the whisky compass. This started out as an intermittent problem and seems to be a full time issue. It doesn’t make any difference if flying with the NAV or GPSS functions on the GPSS, however, as the A/P will make the corrections so the aircraft is headed to the correct point.

The plane is at the JA AIr center in Dupage, IL for the ARNAV Engineview installation and a bunc of warranty worrk, so we’ll se how it is next week.

Marty

Marty,

I appreciate your comments and will update when I go to Lancaster,Pa for service. So far I have 33 hrs on 6CD #37. I would be interested in your thoughts on the Engineview as I too am thinking about adding it. The price I was quoted prior to picking up 6CD was about $4300. As another post has raised, does the installation effect the CHT?

Another discovery is the starburst pattern of cracking around the screws securing the landing light cover. This will need to be replaced.
Since service is in my immediate future I was hoping you would share with me the “bunch of warranty work” you have needed to date.
Thank you

Bob

Marty, do you reside in the Chicago area? If so, any thoughts on a midwest Cirrus fly-in? Perhaps we could coordinate with a sevice center FBO (DuPage, or Thunder at Spirit of St. Louis) for gas, weekend service specials, etc. Three Cirri at SUS. Maybe we’re the equivalent to the continental divide, Cirrus-wise!

Andy

bob

Marty

Marty, do you reside in the Chicago area? If so, any thoughts on a midwest Cirrus fly-in? Perhaps we could coordinate with a sevice center FBO (DuPage, or Thunder at Spirit of St. Louis) for gas, weekend service specials, etc. Three Cirri at SUS. Maybe we’re the equivalent to the continental divide, Cirrus-wise!

I live in Louisville, KY and keep the plane at Bowman field (LOU).

I would enjoy a midwedt fly-in. the chicago area is only 1.5 hours away. St. Louis is a few minutes less. Any location is fine.

Is “Thunder at St. Louis” an airshow?

Any others out there interested?

Marty

Thuunder Aviation is a large FBO, that is a full service Cirrus service center. They’re very service oriented, and do very good work. I suspect they would help sponsor a fly-in.

Andy

I live in Louisville, KY and keep the plane at Bowman field (LOU).

I would enjoy a midwedt fly-in. the chicago area is only 1.5 hours away. St. Louis is a few minutes less. Any location is fine.

Any others out there interested?

Marty

Marty,

Perhaps you’re thinking of http://www.thunderoverlouisville.org/theshow/Thunder over Louisville? Just caught a documentary on the Discover channel about how they prepare for this awesome event – fascinating!

• Mike.

While I am simply a position holder, I’d be interested in a fly-in in St. Louis if the date were right.

Lee