SR22 Contracts

Just got off the phone with Susy Knox at Cirrus. They are sending out SR22 purchase agreements tomorrow, via Fed Ex, for Wednesday delivery.

If you want to change your SR20 position to an SR22 position, the deadline is today.

Just got off the phone with Susy Knox at Cirrus. They are sending out SR22 purchase agreements tomorrow, via Fed Ex, for Wednesday delivery.

If you want to change your SR20 position to an SR22 position, the deadline is today.

Here in Nashville, Wednesday has come and pretty much gone. Either FEDEX missed me or Susy’s nose is growing.

And so we wait.

I called Sherri at CD this morning (Wednesday) and her outgoing voice mail message reported that the SR22 packets had gone out Fedex for THURSDAY delivery (she must be fielding a lot of calls on this topic). This is, of course, a small delay from the original schedule. Earlier this week Ian B. at CD told me that the SR22 contracts would be sent en masse immediately after the 10/2 deadline so as to include an estimated delivery date with the package. My guess is that it took an extra day or so to align the SR20 and SR22 production schedules with the stated preferences of current position holders.

So hang in there Chuck, the contract is “in the mail.”

George #373

Here in Nashville, Wednesday has come and pretty much gone. Either FEDEX missed me or Susy’s nose is growing.

And so we wait.

I called Sherri at CD this morning (Wednesday) and her outgoing voice mail message reported that the SR22 packets had gone out Fedex for THURSDAY delivery (she must be fielding a lot of calls on this topic). This is, of course, a small delay from the original schedule. Earlier this week Ian B. at CD told me that the SR22 contracts would be sent en masse immediately after the 10/2 deadline so as to include an estimated delivery date with the package.

Oops! I hope I didn’t cause anyone in Duluth any extra grief with my “news” about Wed deliveries. The moral of the story is to view all rumor, innuendo, and scuttlebut with a jaundiced eye. Unofficial pronouncements are, well, unofficial.

Keeping that in mind, here are some more unfounded rumors:

Over 200 SR20 position holders have said they will upgrade to the SR22. The actual number will probably be fewer, since sending in an additional $15K deposit may not get spousal approval in some cases.

Once SR22 deliveries start, they will be interleaved with SR20 deliveries by original contract date. Therefore, an upgraded SR20 contract might well get delivery before SR22 contract #1. For reference, my SR20 position is #174. That will convert to something around SR22 position #33, delivery in April or May, 2001.

The SR22-s will have their own sequence of serial numbers.