Spare G1000 Range Knob

One of the G1000 map range knobs cracked and fell off recently. I was wondering if anyone happened to have a spare knob from a previously purchased set, or knows of a site that sells one.
Thanks!

4251.2015.04.10-01.35-flyhpa-552728ee6aa91.jpg

I just had the same issue.

That’s odd. I just had the same issue as well. Doug Duncan at KGMU worked his magic on mine and repaired it. I think he fixed the crack with super glue. I was quite impressed.

I just had the same issue today. Would like to find a supply source.

1 Like

Anyone have a good source? Mine is gone also.

Interestingly enough, i had a similar issue for my GFC700 Autopilot. Cessna recommended buying the Garmin ‘Knob Kit’ - part: https://www.cessnaparts.com/product/k00-00350-00/ . It comes with several types of replacement knobs for the G1000 (not Cessna specific).

Please verify contents, and Cirrus fit, but this should work for any normal G1000.

I think I paid $50 for a pack of all the knobs, ordered by the SC.

From whom did you SC order the Cirrus Perspective knobs? I need the range knob on the console.

It turns out I was able to glue the cracked Garmin Perspective Range knob with crazy glue. It works fine now! Try Crazy Glue or Super Glue before investing $160.00 for a new set of Garmin knobs.

Had the same issue. My shop ordered the part from Textron for $25. Of note, the plastic knob will split and separate from the metal snap ring/ contact surface which will remain attached to the post. Make sure to remove that before attempting to press the replacement knob back on.

Old thread resurrection: Just had this happen. Plastic came off and metal ring stayed on the Fms. I ordered a new 430-0035-10 range knob. Is there anything to removing the metal portion of it? Just use a needle nose pliers? Looking for direction so I don’t turn this into a expensive fix and mess it up… please advise

Thanks
Nate

Just gently pry/pull/slide the metal snap ring off the end of the shaft. I think I’ve done it with the flat screwdriver blade of a Swiss Army knife with no difficulty.

2 Likes

Thanks,

You were right, it came off easy. Replaced for 32 dollars. Normally I would laugh at a 12cent plastic part costing 32 dollars but in aviation that’s a steal! I should have bought two they were so cheap…. I don’t think my cirrus will notice it’s a Cessna part…

Yeah-
$32 is doing pretty well for that knob. Often they’re hard to get individually, and you have to by the whole knob replacement kit.

The range knob is always the first to go. But beware, the others will start to follow in a couple more years. When that happens, buy the whole kit. Then you’ll have another spare range knob, for when it dies early again…

1 Like

It may be cheaper to just upgrade to a new plane at that point! Thanks for your help