Reading the archives

I want to go back and re-read almost everything on this forum - but it’s a formidable task. This is a GOOD thing, reflective of the wide interest and good input by a lot of people; but is there a better/quicker way to do it? Right now, I’m simply opening up the archives and reading (from the bottom up), and the “need to click” to select the next posting takes time.

It would be great to have a downloadable document containing all the archives, starting from the oldest (Nov 1999) posting. Even better would be if that document followed the same format as the forum itself, i.e. organized by thread. Doing a search of the forum for “a” (partial words allowed!) gave me some 17,000 hits, and would have worked - but no easy way to download. Any ideas?

Clyde - no pressure - you’ve already done so much!

– Mike

It would be great to have a downloadable document containing all the archives

Funnily enough, I have had the same request from a representative of a certain Company which will remain unnameD.

I’ve just looked at it, and it is doable, I will endeavour to have something set up next week. There is currently about 4.5MB in the archives. Some people just have a lot to say, I guess. Who, me???

Clyde

Funnily enough, I have had the same request from a representative of a certain Company which will remain unnameD.

Clyde, Darn! CoulDn’t you give us even a Cryptic Description? That way, we Could Dream up an answer.

Seriously - thanks for the fast turnaround - this will be very useful indeed.

• Mike.

It would be great to have a downloadable document containing all the archives

I’ve just looked at it, and it is doable, I will endeavour to have something set up next week. There is currently about 4.5MB in the archives. Some people just have a lot to say, I guess. Who, me???

Clyde

Clyde ~

As one who loves the language, I have to tell you that your comment was wonderfully presented.

Thanks for everything you do.

Pete