Pilots wanted for research project

Hi everyone,

My name is Roy Caligan and I am a graduate student at Embry-Riddle. I am conducting an aviation research project, and COPA’s President, Curt Sanford, was kind enough to let me invite this group to be a part of it.

The goal of the project is to determine whether the number of hours needed to solo can predict future performance in training. To find out, I built an anonymous survey where pilots can detail their primary flight training experiences. If you would like to participate, all you will need is your logbook and five minutes of free time.

You can access the survey at http://aviationsurvey.olivetreesolutions.com.

Almost anyone who learned to fly airplanes is eligible to take the survey. I would like to receive around 400 responses by December 1, so I am promoting the survey here and on a few other forums.

Thanks in advance for your help! Also, if you have any questions about the research, or myself, feel free to ask.

Roy

Roy,
You’d get more traffic if this were posted up in a member forum such as Hanger Talk rather then the Guest forum.

Alexander,

That is a good idea, but I am not a COPA member, so I do not have access to Hangar Talk. However, if you or another member are willing to copy the request to Hangar Talk, and it’s okay with the moderators, then I’d appreciate it.

Hi all,

I just wanted to let everyone know that the survey period will close the evening of Sunday, December 6. If you haven’t participated yet, this weekend will be your final opportunity.

I would like to thank everyone who has participated so far. The number of responses has been fantastic! Many of you have asked to see the results, so here is what I am going to do: Sometime in April 2010, after my faculty committee has approved the project, I will post the results at the same link. I hope that the research will generate more discussion and lead to better methods for training students.

Thanks again,

Roy
http://aviationsurvey.olivetreesolutions.com