Mac V. Intel/MS: A Little Help Please

In reply to:

Few would argue the PC is better than the Mac

Hmm, Mac OSX is based on Unix, which is rock solid. Windows is based on… Windows, notoriously unstable, prone to locking, and useless without the CTRL, ALT, Delete function.

Larger market share doesn’t always mean something is superior.

Jeff

After using both—Definitely MAC–fewer virus problems, very easy to use.

The proof is–look who has tried to imitate MAC and the formats/icons etc>

In reply to:

Hmm, Mac OSX is based on Unix, which is rock solid. Windows is based on… Windows, notoriously unstable, prone to locking, and useless without the CTRL, ALT, Delete function.
Larger market share doesn’t always mean something is superior.
Jeff

Hmmm…missing something here. I am all for owning something that is superior. But when it sits there all nice and stable NOT running my Skybound or emax programs, I fail to see that as better. Better is only better when its actually usable all of the time [;)] but even that is in the eyes of the beholder.

This could on at nausium. I favor choice in the marketplace so people can buy what they prefer. Macs are great computers, but really - PC’s don’t need the 3 finger salute even a fraction as often as MAC owners advocate. In fact I cannot remember the last one.

Another option is a PC running Linux - I have used linux since 1995 & been amazed at its progress. It is rock solid, fast & virus resistant. The PC can be set up with a dual boot option so you can use EMAX, Aopa flight planing, Sky bound, Turbo tax, etc under windows.

Currently I use SUSE 9.0 linux & very happy with it.

Paul

In reply to:

Currently I use SUSE 9.0 linux & very happy with it.

Yet, you need a Windows partition for EMAX, Aopa flight planing, Sky bound, Turbo tax. Herein lies the beauty of Windows: More programs are written for it than any other OS [H]

I see there is a new Virtual PC Mac 7.0 out has anyone tried it for Aopa flight planing or Sky bound.
Ray

In reply to:

After using both—Definitely MAC–fewer virus problems, very easy to use.
The proof is–look who has tried to imitate MAC and the formats/icons etc>

wellllll, Look where MAC/MS got that interface in the first place.

the did not get them from a PC!! That is for sure!!

Technically I think it did come from a PC, although it didn’t resemble the intel architecture boxes we refer to as PCs today.
The mouse concept was originally demonstrated on the Xerox Alto, the windowing gui was first developed by Xerox for the Star.