Lies & myths

It has occurred to me that there are many lies & myths, many of which are aviation lies & myths. I have had to dispell several of these beliefs which my wife seems to hold dear to here view of life. Perhaps there are more, but here are a few of my wife’s isues.

1. “I don’t want to fly too high. . . It’s more dangerous. If I fall, there is so much further to fall.”
    ANS: No dear. High is good. We can glide further.
  2. If the engine stops, we will immediately fall out of the air.
    ANS: Not if we fly high.
  3. I’ll fly, but I am afraid to fly over water.
    ANS: The airplane doesn’t know the difference between flying over land, or flying over water.
  4. (Not in the aviation category} If the air conditioner thermostat is set at 68, pushing it down to 50 will make it cool off faster.
    ANS: No, Please leave the thermostat alone. Running the thermostat does not make the a/c cool faster. It cools at the same rate, whether 68 or 50. It just runs longer.
  5. Ladies & gentlemen, we will be experiencing mild turbulence.
    ANS: BULL. Put on your football helmet.

In reply to:

It has occurred to me that there are many lies & myths, many of which are aviation lies & myths. I have had to dispell several of these beliefs which my wife seems to hold dear to here view of life. Perhaps there are more, but here are a few of my wife’s isues.

1. “I don’t want to fly too high. . . It’s more dangerous. If I fall, there is so much further to fall.”
    ANS: No dear. High is good. We can glide further.
  2. If the engine stops, we will immediately fall out of the air.
    ANS: Not if we fly high.
  3. I’ll fly, but I am afraid to fly over water.
    ANS: The airplane doesn’t know the difference between flying over land, or flying over water.
  4. (Not in the aviation category} If the air conditioner thermostat is set at 68, pushing it down to 50 will make it cool off faster.
    ANS: No, Please leave the thermostat alone. Running the thermostat does not make the a/c cool faster. It cools at the same rate, whether 68 or 50. It just runs longer.
  5. Ladies & gentlemen, we will be experiencing mild turbulence.
    ANS: BULL. Put on your football helmet.

Sounds like you and Jill had an interesting flight home!!!

We enjoyed seeing you guys agian

Mason

In reply to:

The airplane doesn’t know the difference between flying over land, or flying over water.

Of course it does. 100% of all ditchings take place over water.

• M.

my favorite is “I an from the goverment and I am here to help you.”

In reply to:

my favorite is “I an from the goverment and I am here to help you.”

s/\san\s/ am /
s/goverment/government/
s/government/FAA/

[:)]