latest useful load #s?

Would someone who received their plane in the 60s please post your current usable load number from your POH? I’m curious what, if anything, they’ve

improved upon since Walts.

Would someone who received their plane in the 60s please post your current usable load number from your POH? I’m curious what, if anything, they’ve

#37 is 2104 lb.

#60 --A config with 3 blade,leather,S-tec 30 empty weight at 2099#

#34 (C version, 3 blade, stormscope) empty wt is 949 kg (2093 lbs).

HK

#37 is 2104 lb.

Your 2104, I assume, is empty weight. What options did you choose – “C”, plus leather, plus three-blade prop and stormscope??

#37 is 2104 lb.

Your 2104, I assume, is empty weight. What options did you choose – “C”, plus leather, plus three-blade prop and stormscope??

2104 lb. for #37 includes 3 blade, leather & stormscope. I have since added JPI 800 engine monitor, GPSS steering and altitude preselect for about 3 more pounds.

#37 is 2104 lb.

Where in the panel did you put the JPI 800?

2104 lb. for #37 includes 3 blade, leather & stormscope. I have since added JPI 800 engine monitor, GPSS steering and altitude preselect for about 3 more pounds.

In addition to the location questions asked by others, do you mind disclosing the cost of these additions? Also, what issues did you encounter during installation?

Thanks!

Indeed, and for that matter, where did the GPSS and altitude preselect end up? Do they both fit on the flap switch panel?

Indeed, and for that matter, where did the GPSS and altitude preselect end up? Do they both fit on the flap switch panel?

The GPSS selector went next to the flap switch and the altitude preselect, together with the JPI 800 went on the bolster in front of the pilot.

The big deal on the JPI 800 is the
FAA paperwork for the 337 form which they had to sign.

The GPSS selector went next to the flap switch and the altitude preselect, together with the JPI 800 went on the bolster in front of the pilot.

So does that mean you cut a hole in the boster to mount the JPI display? We had been told by Cirrus that this was an option for mounting an ADF indicator, but a later request for confirmation drew the response that the bolster framework is structural (it supports the instrument panel) and that CD did not know if cutting into it would require it to be reinforced. They said we would need to get an engineering analysis done, and that CD were not interested doing it themselves.

We’ve decided not to go ahead with the ADF.

So does that mean you cut a hole in the boster to mount the JPI display? We had been told by Cirrus that this was an option for mounting an ADF indicator, but a later request for confirmation drew the response that the bolster framework is structural (it supports the instrument panel) and that CD did not know if cutting into it would require it to be reinforced. They said we would need to get an engineering analysis done, and that CD were not interested doing it themselves.

Holes were cut in the bolster (left side) to mount both the JPI and the STEC preselect. Some oif the extra thickness on the bolster had to be ground away so that the JPI would fit properly on the face.

At one time we had considered moving the heater switches below the poresent position and putting the instruements there but this did involve some structural issues so the idea was abandoned. Subsiituting the JPI for the existing CHT and EGT gage would have been impossible to get cleared so that was also abandoned. The bo,lster was then the only remaining spot and that was done with a laborious 337.

Clyde,

I hope you take tons of pictures from the planes of our flying friends. I am especially interested in seeing a standard interior, i.e. no leather but cloth. Of course, those after market fittings would also be cool to look at.

Cheers,

Placido

OT. Clyde, since you’re at the Embedded Systems Conference, could you do me a favor and look what a company named fonix will showcase? It’s a voice recognition company which is attracting my attention. Only if you have time of course.

Enjoy your trip, especially the fly in.

Gordy, Would you post a photo of your JPI installation? Also, would you let the list know if you could make available a copy of your approved 337 [or post under “Stuff” on this site]. It seems that after one trail blazer has an approved 337 for a given modification then those who follow in his tracks can get their 337’s approved “easier”. Thanks.

Gary Phillips

Holes were cut in the bolster (left side) to mount both the JPI and the STEC preselect. Some oif the extra thickness on the bolster had to be ground away so that the JPI would fit properly on the face.

At one time we had considered moving the heater switches below the poresent position and putting the instruements there but this did involve some structural issues so the idea was abandoned. Subsiituting the JPI for the existing CHT and EGT gage would have been impossible to get cleared so that was also abandoned. The bo,lster was then the only remaining spot and that was done with a laborious 337.