Jeppview vs. Flightdeck

Anybody know what, if any, difference there is between Jeppview and Jeppview/Flightdeck? I am using Jeppview now to print charts, etc, but plan on using it in the plane on a TPad shortly.

If there are significant differences, worth the extra money?

Thanks

In reply to:

Anybody know what, if any, difference there is between Jeppview and Jeppview/Flightdeck? I am using Jeppview now to print charts, etc, but plan on using it in the plane on a TPad shortly.

If there are significant differences, worth the extra money?

I could be wrong, but I think that FlightDeck adds moving map capability (so you see the aircraft position on the approach plates and taxi diagrams). I think also the interface is a little clunkier but uses larger buttons that are easier to “tap” in a bumpy cockpit. Whether it’s worth the extra money is just a personal preference.

Woody,

Please post your impressions of the T-Pad after you’ve formed them. Thanks!

–Michael

Woody when using Flight Deck you can hook up a GPS to your computer and have yet another moving map. The little airplane flys on the approach plate. I use ADR’s System Fujitsu Stylistic LP-T 600. Mike

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

I think I’ll stick w/the Jeppview for now. Don’t have a big need for a “airplane on the map” type display for now. I may change my mind afterwards.

I’ll keep comfoolery in mind. Did not realize it might be an issue. Thanks for the heads-up on this one, Steve.

Michael:

I am going to try and motivate to do a full PIREP ont he system once its here. TPad should arrive early in the week. WxWorx a little later. I’m going to call Jepp Monday, too, and get the scoop on Jview vs. Flightdeck.

Woody, I have both ot the jepp products.The flight deck was intended for use in flight, and has the provision for GPS. I don’t like the product at all it clumbersome and counterintuitive. Further it will not share the GPS from the XM radio Weather. Therefore I have stayed with the JeppView running it and the XM weather on a fujitsu 4121 dylight visable. This is satistfactory till Avidyne wakes up and put both of these function on the MFD.

In reply to:

Further it will not share the GPS from the XM radio Weather

Have you looked at Comfoolery for sharing the GPS COM port? I’ve used it before with different programs - I assume it will work with FliteDeck and WxWorx but haven’t tried using it with these programs myself yet.