In memory of COPA member Thomas F. “Pittsy” Pitts – Benefit Raffle

Bravo to Bob and Matt! 1K396070B0503072H

My last four digits are 8552

Great cause!

0515 for me.

5710.200px-TheWho_515.jpg

AND it also refers to I-515 that runs thru Las Vegas [:)] I’m feelin’ lucky.

8030.Screen shot 2010-11-13 at 11.43.29 PM.png

**The first week for the LIGHTSPEED ZULU Headset raffle got off to a fantastic start! Great job by everyone who expressed interest and made a donation. In just the first week, there was more than $1,200 donated to the Veteran’s Airlift Command and more than 1,000 hits to this post. Some people have even donated twice in order to have multiple raffle entries. Excellent. Keep the momentum going and feel free to pass along this information to your local pilot communities. Even if folks are not interested in a chance to win these headsets, this may reach individuals interested in volunteering services to the Veteran’s Airlift Command. Have you thought about volunteering services?? What a great way to make a difference in someone’s life while doing what you love….flying your airplane!! **

**The more I learn about the VAC the more I come to appreciate the value of this organization. Here’s a link to a celebrity charity event that was conducted by the Bob Woodruff foundation. As you probably know, Bob Woodruff is an ABC news anchor who was severely injured by a roadside bomb while on assignment in Iraq. From his own experiences, Bob certainly understands & appreciates the value of the VAC. About 3 minutes into this clip, there’s a nice piece referencing the Veteran’s Airlift Command and its founder, Walt Fricke. Through the efforts of volunteers, the VAC was able to fly Shurvon Phillip and his mother, Gail to this celebrity event. Shurvon was severely injured in May, 2005 when his Humvee was hit by an IED. **

Remember, this is a great way to honor the memory and continue the charitable efforts of Thomas F. “Pittsy” Pitts.

Thanks Bob!

my confirmation is 1994

Thanks for doing this Bob. My confirmation # is 6605.

I’m in!!! # 5372

From N164CD. PITTSY, a special person, glad to have contributed. #4511

Ronnie - Welcome to the COPA community! So glad to see a “Guest” participate in the cause!

That is great!

Glad this thread got bumped!
6434J

Good show gentlemen!

Communities create strong bonds far and wide. I was touched by what I read whilst searching the web; so much so I have registered on the COPA website and have made a small donation. Be brave and have courage from Damian (United Kingdom)

Confirmation number: 35D5873639905392A.

Donations Coordinator Contact Information

Veterans Airlift Command
AirBoss@veteransairlift.org
952-582-2911

Welcome to COPA, Damian. Glad you found us and thanks or contributing to this cause.

1. Thanks for your efforts.

A great cause. I’ve known a little about VAC for years from Al Tuntland, a friend who helped get it started. Now I know a lot more about VAC and am very impressed by how large and quickly VAC has grown. Thank you Bob for organizing all this. And thank you Deb for sharing your thoughts on your COPA blog in memory of Tom.

Dave & Nancy

After two weeks the LIGHTSPEED ZULU Headset raffle is still going strong with over 1700 hits and nearly $3,000 donated to the Veteran’s Airlift Command! Great work, everyone!

**This is certainly the time of year when the VAC makes a difference. Your efforts can make it possible for a wounded veteran to spend these holidays in the best place on earth - with family! **

**I will maintain my promise to keep all donations private - but I wanted to acknowledge the extraordinary generosity of one of our members who recently made a $500 donation (but has not yet submitted his raffle number). Absolutely amazing! **

**Remember; Feel free to pass along this information along to your local pilot communities. Even if folks are not interested in a chance to win these headsets, this may reach individuals interested in volunteering services to the Veteran’s Airlift Command. Have you thought about volunteering services?? What a great way to make a difference in someone’s life while doing what you love to do…fly your airplane!! **

**E6787.VAC PIC.bmp (352 KB)**qually important: Remember, these efforts are to honor the memory and continue the charitable efforts of Thomas F. “Pittsy” Pitts.

Letter to Signature Palm Beach FBO from VAC Volunteer

6787.VAC PIC.bmp (352 KB)

Thank you so much for all you and your crew did to make our Veterans Airlift flight to your FBO a success. Everyone went out of their way to help not only through multiple discounts and fee waivers but most importantly by the hospitality the Signature Palm Beach staff helped in making sure our Hero Soldier had the red carpet treatment that he and his family deserves. You went over and above and for that we greatly thank you.

I wanted to take a moment and give you a little background on what this mission was about. Marine Sergeant Carlos Evans has been deployed four times. Three times to Iraq, and once to Afghanistan. On May 16th while on foot patrol in Afghanistan, he stepped on an IED and lost both legs and his left hand. He has been in the hospital at Walter Reed for the last 5 months, and anticipates he will be in the hospital for at least another year.

Sergeant Evans and his wife both celebrate their birthdays on the same day, and he had clearance to get away for a few days to celebrate outside of a hospital environment (we all know that this is the better way to heal). They were in Fayetteville (it will be their new home once he is out of the hospital), and they wanted to get away to Florida before he goes back to Walter Reed to continue rehabilitation.

Again our hats off to you and your staff for helping make this mission such a success.

Please see the attached pictures taken at Signature Palm Beach FBO.

Respectfully,

Dan Rogers
President
Duotech Services Inc