How is the Cirrus SR22 for tall guys?

6’4”

No issues with headset or knees with the seat all the way back.

I’ve been known to occasionally stretch my legs and rest my feet momentarily on the co-pilot’s dash, using caution around the throttle quadrant. :grimacing:

5 Likes

I’m not flexible enough! The football days have finally caught up with me….

1 Like

A very natural setup coming from a 6’2 guy!

1 Like

Same on a g2. 6’5” here. Seatbelt needs to be cinched low for chest comfort which isn’t always super comfortable for the hips. Not a height issue tho.

2 Likes

Thanks

Thank you!

Cool! :grinning:

Thank you

:+1:

How about the back seats is there leg room?

What about Taxiing is it easy to taxi?

Yes. Interior was designed to be equivalent to 5-series BMW. My 5’8” long legged daughter sits behind me ok. She does like to prop her feet occasionally on the center armrest.

2 Likes

It is a learned task. Taxiing does not come naturally, it gets better with practice.
Now, with that said, once you get it, the plane is very maneuverable on the ground.
I am amazed how it turns on a dime, literally.

1 Like

What’s that position called? “Sideways dawg?”

2 Likes

Thank you!

6’2 here and the cirrus is great. I’ve taken much bigger guys and never had an issue front seat or back in the cirrus

Now the M600 is another animal. I would say 6’2” being comfortable would depend on your particular shape as my head is touching the ceiling if I’m not position just right any taller and it just wouldn’t work. Or if I had a longer torso it wouldn’t either.

1 Like

6’3" 285 lbs.

Total non-issue. You’ll be fine.

I wouldn’t want to sit behind me in the seat immediately behind me. But for W&B, that never happens. Wife and daughter sit in co-pilot and rear passenger co-pilot side.

2 Likes

Antone seen Amthony Bottini in the any of the videoa in Cirrus Approach? he is often filmed inside the Cirrus. He is one of the tallest folks I have ever met who gets in one of these and he has no trouble getting in and out of one.

1 Like

6’6 here with over 1000 SR22 hours including quite a few long cross countries, including a COPA trip to Panama from NJ. I always found the Cirrus very comfortable, even on long hauls. Clarity Aloft headsets help as they give you a bit of extra headroom vs traditional headsets. I fly a DA62 now which is also excellent for the big & tall crowd, but of course its a twin. A good old fashioned 182 is hard to beat for long legged pilots as the seats go back forever and the headroom is great. The absolute most comfortable plane for tall pilots I’ve ever sat in was the Eclipse, the seats went back so far I couldn’t reach the rudder pedals!

3 Likes

For headroom I recline the seat one notch.

4 Likes