GPSS on new planes?

Has Cirrus started installing GPSS on new planes yet? (At some point between when my plane was delivered and planes ordered today, GPSS becomes available; just not sure when.)

In any case, does anyone know where the tiny GPSS annunciator will be installed when done by the factory?

I’m getting GPSS installed next week and am curious where the factory is installing it, so I might try to “conform” as much as possible with what is coming off the assembly line.

(Barring that, has anyone else had GPSS installed, and if so, where did you put the annunciator? An obvious place is to the left of the flap switch but I might want to keep that space open as it’s fairly large and the GPSS annunciator fairly small. I’m wondering if there’s enough room in the upper panel, to the right of the main annunciator panel and “alt1/alt2” ammeter switch.)

Thanks!

Steve

Barring that, has anyone else had GPSS installed, and if so, where did you put the annunciator? An obvious place is to the left of the flap switch but I might want to keep that space open as it’s fairly large and the GPSS annunciator fairly small. I’m wondering if there’s enough room in the upper panel, to the right of the main annunciator panel and “alt1/alt2” ammeter switch.

Steve,

I’m having GPSS added in a couple of weeks. I’m going for the position adjacent to the flap switch, but I’ve asked that it be placed so that space is available for future switches etc.

• Mike.

It is on my plane (SR22). It is integral to the autopilot. You press nav a second time to get to GPSS and the annunciator is on the autopilot display. But that is the stec 55 and not sure what you would do with other units, like the 20 or 30 where you would need a switch/aan panel. Good luck.

Roger

Has Cirrus started installing GPSS on new planes yet? (At some point between when my plane was delivered and planes ordered today, GPSS becomes available; just not sure when.)

In any case, does anyone know where the tiny GPSS annunciator will be installed when done by the factory?

I’m getting GPSS installed next week and am curious where the factory is installing it, so I might try to “conform” as much as possible with what is coming off the assembly line.

(Barring that, has anyone else had GPSS installed, and if so, where did you put the annunciator? An obvious place is to the left of the flap switch but I might want to keep that space open as it’s fairly large and the GPSS annunciator fairly small. I’m wondering if there’s enough room in the upper panel, to the right of the main annunciator panel and “alt1/alt2” ammeter switch.)

Thanks!

Steve

Thanks!

Steve

We had the GPSS installed on the panel above the altimeter. We have the ‘B’ model SN 1078. It looks great and even has a normal/dim switch for the light intensity.

It is on my plane (SR22). It is integral to the autopilot. You press nav a second time to get to GPSS and the annunciator is on the autopilot display. But that is the stec 55 and not sure what you would do with other units, like the 20 or 30 where you would need a switch/aan panel. Good luck.

Roger

Good point. I forgot how spiffy the stec 55 is. :slight_smile: I have the B package (Stec 30) so I’ll need the external switch/annunciator.

I think I’ll still see if the avionics shop can install it in the upper panel, and if not I’ll follow Mike’s idea of mounting it in near the flaps switch but leaving as much room as possible.

Thanks guys!

Steve