Garmin feature request

I hope the next release of Garmin software could include a user-defined TFR, where you enter coordinates and a radius and get a map display to avoid.

In the meantime, I’m going to try user defined waypoints, and then use the Nearest User Wpt screen to get DME on our new TFR’s (3 here in the SF Bay area).

-Curt

> I hope the next release of Garmin software could include a user-defined TFR, where you enter coordinates and a radius and get a map display to avoid.
Curt,
At the rate these things change, what we really need is a TFR satellite downlink… just like a weather downlink, except updated more often [;)].

• Mike.

If you live near to, or will travel by an area covered by a TFR and you are worried, how about using the second GPS to establish the center of the TFR as a waypoint and make sure that that GPS is on a screen that shows “Distance to Waypoint?” You’ll always know how far your are from that point.

We have 3 overlapping TFR’s in the town of Livermore, not to mention numerous outdoor assemblies. That’s why the Nearest Usr Wpt screen seems like the best pick.

-Curt