GA Aircraft Design Survey - Win a Garmin GPSMAP 396

L.E.K. Consulting is a global market research and consulting firm, which is currently conducting a study of Next Generation Aircraft for the General Aviation industry in the U.S.

We want to collect the views and opinions of aircraft owners and potential owners in purchasing new aircraft over the next 3-5 years. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to incorporate your views and opinions into our study and hope that you find it an enjoyable and thoughtful opportunity to influence how the General Aviation industry should develop in the future.

Please click on the following link to participate in the survey:
GA Aircraft Design Survey

As a way of saying thank you for your participation, L.E.K. is offering the chance to win a Garmin GPSMAP 396. Completing the survey will enter your name into the draw.
Closing date for participation is the November 15th 2005
We will contact the winner by November 30th 2005

EntrantÂ’s contact details WILL NOT be used for any other purpose than to contact prize winners.

Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to receiving your thoughtful insights.

Best Regards,
L.E.K. Consulting LLC

Probably the most mind-numbing and oddly designed aviation survey I’ve ever seen.
Questions are all over the map. Really strange methodology. For example: “Distribute 10 points among the following (7) items. The points must add up to 10.”
They ask vague questions like “Which of the following is the ‘top’ aircraft manufacturer.” (whatever that means) and after you make a choice, they ask, you why you chose that aircraft.

Really funny is the long list of “which of these two airplanes would you buy” with lists of characteristics with slight differences…but everything from 200K pistons to multi-million dollar twin jets. (Hint: I probably won’t buy any of these.)

A number of questions about single engine jets. Cirrus may the client.

Gaynor

Well, I tried to be a good guy and answer the questions, and the little progress meter was doing well, jumping 4% with each question at the beginning, then at about 60% it was like it got glue instead of blood in its vein, inching up 1% for 15 questions, and did this on multiple pages when i got fed up and quit and put in this negative post. now i feel a lot better.

In reply to:

Probably the most mind-numbing and oddly designed aviation survey I’ve ever seen.

Makes you appreciate what a great job Neil Myers did on our recent COPA survey, especially on such short notice.

In reply to:

Really funny is the long list of “which of these two airplanes would you buy” with lists of characteristics with slight differences…but everything from 200K pistons to multi-million dollar twin jets. (Hint: I probably won’t buy any of these.)

I agree, my most frequent answer would have been “neither.”

Interesting that, even after I specified that I would buy a 4 place piston-powered aircraft in preference to 6-place and/or turbines, they still insisted that I respond to a number of questions about jets/turbines.

The things that we won’t do for a shot at winning a GPSMAP396! [;)]

In reply to:

Makes you appreciate what a great job Neil Myers did on our recent COPA survey, especially on such short notice.

Gordon,

Amen to that, and I was remiss in not mentioning it, since I thought of it several times. Thanks, Neil!

Tim