For Emax owners

In reply to:

Tim Gieseler- I believe has a factory installed eMax so all 6 CHT’s are shifted the same. I don’t think 10 minutes would be quite long enough to stabilize. I would be curious to know what is the hottest the CHT’s got with this short run-up.

David:

I went back and reviewed my logbook - I was mistaken. The data I took was on a different day than I had recalled, several months ago. I looked at the emax logfile for the prior flight (more reliable than my brain).

In fact the aircraft had been on a flight of several hours, then was shut down for 30 minutes and put in the hangar. I then powered the avionics on ground power to mess with the Avidyne and that is where I got the data I reported. I’m guessing that 30 minutes after shutdown the whole engine compartment ought to be pretty evenly heat-soaked, althoug I suppose convection could be cooling the engine so that it’s cooler at the bottom. Next time I get a nice warm day inside the hangar I’ll try this again. I do have factory installed Emax.

I appreciate the work you’ve put into this - very interesting.

Tim

I noticed that the percent power display has a discontinuity. If you are running lean of peak and the gauge is displaying 70% power, increasing the throttle slightly results in a sudden leap to over 80% power. Not very credible.

-Mike