Hi – The other day I was updating my Jeppesen data on my 2005 Cirrus with the Entegra EX5000 MFD. I have done this before with no issue but this time I was loading charts that were not yet active. I can’t remember which I loaded first, the NAV or Chart Data but the first load went fine. When I went to load the second set of data I got an error about not having enough space and it didn’t load. After the first load, I flew and all looked normal. After the second load attempt that failed, I no longer have any charts that I can see and the “Nearest” page is empty. I have not tried to reload yet. I’m wondering if anyone knows the best course of action from here.
The SSD (solid state drive) is full. The original drive was only 512mb. Call avidyne and get a larger drive (2gb).
Email Avidyne support; you likely need that new CF card…
It’s an easy install, something that can be done yourself (with supervision of an A&P).
But a blanket over the center stack, unscrew the 4 corners of the MFD, partially remove it. Then remove the CF card cover on the side, pull out the CF card, insert the new one, reinstall the cover and reinstall MFD, and you are all set.
I would record your config settings first from the MFD by putting it in MX mode. Go to the AUX page and then hold down L1 and L3. Take pictures of all the settings to ensure you have the right settings so they can be set on the new CF card.
SOLVED: After finding out Avidyne would not send a memory card directly to me (they will only ship to an avionics shop), and being out of the country for at least another month, I discovered you can load a subset of the Jeppesen charts in JDM. I reduced the database to only include lower Canada and the parts of the US I fly to and the database size reduced by over half! Excluding just Mexico would likely have accomplished the goal. The charte\s loaded without error so I believe my issue is resolved! Thanks for the help.