Engine Operating Guide

All the discussions on running hot, leaning, shock cooling, etc., convinced me that I needed to learn more about light plane piston engines. I got the following book from amazon.com :

"Lightplane Maintenance : Aircraft Engine Operating Guide : Kas Thomas, Thomas Kas; Paperback; @ $18.95 each

Absolutely wonderful book. I’m posting this in “Flying Tips & Questions” instead of “Maintenance Issues” because it’s focused more on engine operation than engine maintenance (though there’s a lot maintenance info in there too).

I highly recommend it.

Joe

Not to detract from your useful suggestion, but I was curious to note this statement from the author (wich I pulled right off of Amazaon):

This edition was published without the author’s consent.
July 13, 1999

Reviewer: tbo@earthlink.net (Kas Thomas) (see more about me) from Connecticut, USA

I am the author of the book and this TAB edition

is being published without my consent and
generates zero royalties for me. The original
publisher was Belvoir Publications,

who sold rights to TAB Books without consulting me. TAB has never paid me a nickel on this book. They have ripped me off bigtime.

Yeah, I read that too. I feel for the guy, but I figure that’s between him and his publishers. (I suspect their side of the story would shed more light on the issue.)

Anyway, it’s still a great little book.

Joe

Not to detract from your useful suggestion, but I was curious to note this statement from the author (wich I pulled right off of Amazaon):

This edition was published without the author’s consent.
July 13, 1999

Reviewer: tbo@earthlink.net (Kas Thomas) (see more about me) from Connecticut, USA

I am the author of the book and this TAB edition

is being published without my consent and
generates zero royalties for me. The original
publisher was Belvoir Publications,

who sold rights to TAB Books without consulting me. TAB has never paid me a nickel on this book. They have ripped me off bigtime.