ELT Problem

I am having a problem with my ELT in my SR20, 223CD and wander if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to correct it.

When transmitting on comm 2 (the lower 430) it sets off my ELT. When using comm 1 there is no problem.

I just completed at trip last weekend from northeast Ohio to Panama City, FL and returned. Every time I fly the plane I realize what a great airplane it is. Everyone still waiting in line, it is worth the wait!

Regards,

Mark

Mark,

I’ve had the same problem in 7654T. Only seems to happen on some frequencies though; by no means is it a common occurence. Annoying as heck when it happens when ATC’s talking to you, though. If you figure out what it is please spread the news.

Chris

P.S. Had my first vacuum failure during my first post-annual flight last week. Got 180 hours out of it.

I am having a problem with my ELT in my SR20, 223CD and wander if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to correct it.

CD are aware of this problem and have a fix - something like a replacement cable. Contact Mike Busch at customer service about it.

clyde

When transmitting on comm 2 (the lower 430) it sets off my ELT. When using comm 1 there is no problem.

I just completed at trip last weekend from northeast Ohio to Panama City, FL and returned. Every time I fly the plane I realize what a great airplane it is. Everyone still waiting in line, it is worth the wait!

We (N907FS) have noticed the problem when transmitting on 123.0. We’ve been wondering why a non-impact action (such as transmitting) would set off the elt.

We (N907FS) have noticed the problem when transmitting on 123.0.

FWIW, N84MR (serial #1118) does not have the problem. The UNICOM at my airport is 123.0, and I routinely check both radios on departure. The ELT has behaved fine so far. Perhaps the fix Clyde mentioned was already incorporated into production by the time I took delivery at the end of January.

• Mike.

We (N907FS) have noticed the problem when transmitting on 123.0. We’ve been wondering why a non-impact action (such as transmitting) would set off the elt.

It is most likely due to the remote unit mounted below the breaker panel. There is a button to set it off, and a button to reset it. Induce enough current in the 10 feet of cable connecting them and you’ve got a blaring ELT.

Mine was set off by discharges in the clouds once (see earlier story) but other than that I haven’t had any problems.

FWIW, N84MR (serial #1118) does not have the problem.
I’ve never had this either (SN 1084)