Collison avoidance instruments

Does anyone know if the collision avoidance instruments will be available on the Cirrus?

Does anyone know if the collision avoidance instruments will be available on the Cirrus?

Larry,

This is something that I am interested in also, due to my paranoia about mid-airs. :slight_smile: I heard that the Ryan TCAD system will most probably eventually be offered - i understand they’re just waiting for the Ryan-to-Arnav interface to happen.

I believe they aren’t planning to use the BF Goodrich skywatch system since it’s more expensive than the Ryan (although I think the latest & greatest Ryan system is actually about the same price)

One question I didn’t ask was why they couldn’t offer Ryan TCAD interfaced to one of the Garmin 430s rather than the Arnav, as Ryan and Garmin both say the traffic info can be displayed on the 430 now. I assume this is something you could do aftermarket if you wanted to [has anyone done this??] but Cirrus is just waiting until they can do it right - i.e. use the larger screen offered by the Arnav.

Steve